Dragon Wings Release: Pakistan International Airlines B742

Share info and photos of all kinds of aircraft models related to PIA and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Another thing you will notice on DW B742 mould is that is has WING PROBES that the Phoenis mould lacks. Hopefully DW does not screw up on the colours and printing I shall pick this up too.

The DW EK 773 is a very old mould. GJ did this too, however it has a tail seam which can be seen very clearly.
atmalik
Registered Member

Post by atmalik »

Moin that just might be clincher for you to get the laon you know :wink:

On a serious note, when is this model coming out and where can it be bought from? Thanks.
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

atmalik wrote:On a serious note, when is this model coming out and where can it be bought from? Thanks.
As your in the USA, here are afew that I would recommend;

http://www.eztoyz.com/

http://www.airplanereplicas.com/

http://www.airparadigm.com/

http://www.jetcollector.com/
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

go for airline replicas great service and the great man zach serves u. he got me the best PX PIA by searching through 20 PIA PX boxes :oops:

i buy models from here most of the time
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

You mean he had to go through 20 models before he found the perfect one??

My opinions of PX stand.
Moin Abbasi
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

yep moin now i am very happy with the model i have now. i am very grateful to zareh. i hope he wont have to do that with the DW PIA release?
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Moin wrote:You mean he had to go through 20 models before he found the perfect one??

My opinions of PX stand.
Usually PX produces very good models using GJ moulds instead of the Tucano moulds (from an old aircraft model company no longer in operation). Take a look at the A310 and B777 they have and you will know what I mean.

The B747 is Phoenix own mould...well actually they bought it off Tucano (a former aircraft company that went bust a few years back). Though when I picked up my PIA 742M, I looked through many of them and they all seemed fine including printing and textures. There were no smuges or details lacking.
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

samee380 wrote:yep moin now i am very happy with the model i have now. i am very grateful to zareh. i hope he wont have to do that with the DW PIA release?
DW is not know to make that many mistakes on its aircraft. The moulds such as the A330/A340 are another story. However, DW has the best B747 moulds in the market alongside the BigBird moulds (AeroClassics), so hopefully if they dont mess up the colours this should be a good product.
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

NEW PICTURES

Dont think it has the white stripe on the flag on it need to look closely

Also a little dark beige colour maybe because of lighting

But will get it
My Aircraft Model Photos: www.flickr.com/haq747
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

I like it, and I'm going to get it. Who cares if that tiny white stripe for the flag is not there? Even if it isn't, those who want this model will buy it anyway. I'd put that as down right trivial as compared to the overall detail and authenticity of the model. DW has a far superior mould as compared to PX and to me that is what matter most. The model as to look as close to the real a/c as is possible in that scale. The odd color or shade difference I can live with, but not if the mould is incorrect.
Moin Abbasi
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

at last moin you got what you wanted. :D

i will buy it also but just hope the white stripe is on it. would look great. NICE MOULD!!!

the engines dont look that much different to the PX version. :)

as soon as anyone gets it tell us where you get it from.

any ideas where you gonna get yours from moin? im thinking of airline replicas.
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Fully agree with you guys! This mould is superior to the PX version, also now that we have the wing probes that the PX lacked. The only problem I see is the colour on the rear fuselage it looks more greenish than cream - could be the way the photo is taken or amount of light?!
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

DW has never totally mismatched a color. They might have gotten the shade a bit light or dark on certain models on occasion (DW Qatar A345 & A380 are a darker shade of grey as compared to Herpa and GJ Qatar models) but not a complete mismatch where the color is totally different to the actual thing. This will be beige, albeit a slightly lighter or darker than the original, or it may be just like the original. Never judge by these pics.
Moin Abbasi
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Nope will wait till I see the actual pics of the model. I hope its the same as the PX and GJ. If they are what the pic shows then I will not bother getting this one!
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

here is a better pic of the model: beige a little dark but will get it like the wing probes. a little dissappointed with the tail compared to the PX one as it has a little defects in it compare it with PX and you will know what i mean.

now waiting for the garden of the mughals release :D

also moin which email did you contact Dragon wings by? what is they email address do you know?