PIA Boeing 747 Model from 1970s

Share info and photos of all kinds of aircraft models related to PIA and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

PIA Boeing 747 Model from 1970s

Post by Abbas Ali »

PIA Boeing 747-200B model from 1970s. Note there was lounge on upper deck at that time.

Travel agent by Steven Brandist, on Flickr

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
H Khan
Registered Member

Re: PIA Boeing 747 Model from 1970s

Post by H Khan »

Very interesting post Abbas. I had the opportunity to fly both YW & YV in the 70's when the lounge was there. In fact, the it was removed during the last days of ZAB when alcohol was banned.

An interesting event did occur during a flight from Cairo to Paris via Frankfort with my late father as the commander. After take-off from Cairo the purser game to the cock-pit and informed my father that J. A Rahim was on board. I became very curious and went into the lounge where he was sitting having a drink. I returned to the cockpit and informed my father that Mr. J. A Rahim was in a sling and he seems battered. My father actually went back and made the courtesy call on him. He said later he was going to Paris to be the ambassador.

PN: The reason he was battered was because ZAB had him beaten and tortured by FSF and it was the very first time in my life I looked at an Play Boy magazine on board PIA's flight.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: PIA Boeing 747 Model from 1970s

Post by Abbas Ali »

^ Thank you Haris.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at: