Final Model added to the collection for '09 - new pics 11/09

Share info and photos of all kinds of aircraft models related to PIA and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Re: Final Model added to the collection for '09 - new pics 11/09

Post by ConnieMan »

FKhan722 wrote:Salaam Connieman,

Thanks for the appreciative comments. That is one sweet Pacmin Dream lifter. The only thing better than the dreamlifter model is the actual thing. I was in Seattle back in June of this year and took a couple of pics of the actual aircraft and it is mind blowing. ( If anybody is interested i can post pics of my Boeing factory tour along with Museum of flight pics).

However, with that being said, just wanted to clarify that none of the PIA 1/100's i have are Pacmin!!

I will never purchase a PIA Pacmin. Pacmin has a serious flaw on the their PIA Versions!! The flag on the starboard side is applied in the wrong direction. There is currently a PIA Pacmin 777-300ER (Thar) for sale on ebay..as seen in the following link...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0433988520

Take a look at the 5 pictures and you will see that the Pakistan flag on the starboard side is applied in the same fashion as the port side. I would not spend a penny on these Pacmin!! The same is the case for the AP-BHX version as seen from time to time on Ebay. Pacmin models are very nice and very expensive - but with that being said why pay for a nice, expensive but erroneous model?? [-X

The current AP-BGL i have is a 1/100 solid resin model. I can honestly not tell the difference between that and the KLM/Qatar/Kuwait Pacmins i have. :D

Kind Regards,

F. Khan

Sorry for late reply Fawad, yes i would love to see pics of actual "Dreamlifter" if possible, i know it's Goliath of an airplane to witness in real life!, few Utube videos i have seen on it are just mind blowing!.

As far as your PIA's B742 AP-BAK's model is concerned, whenever and i mean whenever you decide to part with it, pls contact me before putting it on open market, i have my name on it....

For a concern over PIA's Pacmin models you have, i think it's simple question of sending them detailed email or two with pictures of prototype airplane and asking them to fix slight livery errors they have on there models. If we PIA buffs will not correct these errors then who else will?. Plus on brighter note, it's us PIA buffs who will buy PIA models more then anyone else globally.

Hopefully this helps but do post pics of "Dreamliner"....:) ;)

I meant "Dreamlifter"...HA HA
samee380
Registered Member

Re: Final Model added to the collection for '09 - new pics 11/09

Post by samee380 »

Pacmin models are 90% orders from Aircraft manufacturers or airline themselves, who supply the artwork to Pacmin then a sample model for the airline to approve.

From what i know, these PIA PacMin models were an order from Boeing for the ceremony of the PIA order made for 777's. Quite a few were made, and all had the mistake of the Pakistan flag in wrong direction. However, it does not really matter, it is still a sweet model, and considering it is a Promotional model, and not an exact registration model.

The Westway PIA B747-200 which Fawwad has, was commisioned by me, and i did my best to get all details on the model correct. From what i seen, i believe it was spot on (artwork wise)!

Again if you go directly to Westway and commission this PIA model it will cost you about £450 plus postage. That is what i paid for it.
My Aircraft Model Photos: www.flickr.com/haq747
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Re: Final Model added to the collection for '09 - new pics 1

Post by ConnieMan »

Yesterday was great day for me, i got myself another Pacmin Model in my collection, this time it's the Majestic icon and now aviation legend

The Queen of skies the most beautiful and the most graceful of all out there, i now present "CONCORDE"

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=17262

There is no registration on it and except for one error rest looks darn good!..