Top ten airline models?

Share info and photos of all kinds of aircraft models related to PIA and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
ustaadg
Registered Member

Top ten airline models?

Post by ustaadg »

top ten most favorite airline models you collect......
my favorites of course Pia ...
1-Pia
2-Emirates
3-Saudi arabia
4-Malaysia
5-Qantas
6-Cathay pacific
7-British
8-Jal
9-Qatar
10-China
USTAADG
cpt_747
Registered Member

Post by cpt_747 »

To spice things up, Virgin Atlantic's A340-600 sounds hot in the list :P
The orbital speed of the Earth around the Sun averages about 30 km/s or 18 mps (108,000 km/h or 67000 mph).
Which means we're travelling 97 times the speed of sound. And yet we can't feel the motion,
SubhanAllah
Pineapple
Registered Member

Post by Pineapple »

Why does everyone love Qantas. It is not even 'that' good according to my standards 8)
4 engines 4 long-haul
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

Pineapple wrote:Why does everyone love Qantas. It is not even 'that' good according to my standards 8)
The only airline without a crash history... ? I think i'll have it in my favorites.
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

AirBlue wrote:The only airline without a crash history... ?
Qantas is another one Saad… 8)
Adnan
cpt_747
Registered Member

Post by cpt_747 »

AirBlue wrote:The only airline without a crash history... ? I think i'll have it in my favorites.
Back in 1999 it's Boeing 747-400 skidded off end of RWY at Bangkok, Thailand. But it is one of the BEST airlines out there and it is beautiful too.
The orbital speed of the Earth around the Sun averages about 30 km/s or 18 mps (108,000 km/h or 67000 mph).
Which means we're travelling 97 times the speed of sound. And yet we can't feel the motion,
SubhanAllah
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

cpt_747 wrote:
AirBlue wrote:The only airline without a crash history... ? I think i'll have it in my favorites.
Back in 1999 it's Boeing 747-400 skidded off end of RWY at Bangkok, Thailand. But it is one of the BEST airlines out there and it is beautiful too.
Really? I never knew that ... any ideas on the amount of fatalities ?

I love the tail they have - its been there for a while ... and it looks great even now
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Oooops! My mistake, I miss-read AirBlue’s post, thought he has written Qatar in place of Qantas.

I was so careless to read that I was just going to ask cpt_747 that when did Qatar has 747s in their fleet until I read the posts again, I am still laughing at myself!

Sorry once again.
Adnan
Saeed
Registered Member

Post by Saeed »

no fatal accident for emirates :D
For a plane to fly well, it must be beautiful - Marcel Dassault

cpt_747
Registered Member

Post by cpt_747 »

AirBlue wrote:Really? I never knew that ... any ideas on the amount of fatalities ?
I can remember when it happened, I was getting ready for college, seems like last year. Amazingly nobody died but the aircraft itself (VH-OJH) was heavily damaged.

And it looks like I have found some photos of that incident.

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0052112/L/
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0052191/L/
http://www.airliners.net/open.file/0052111/L/
SubhanAllah
Pineapple
Registered Member

Post by Pineapple »

The reason why Qantas is not among my favourites is because an airline of its calibre must have a large network. I have never seen this airline in a tight financial position and its fleet is among the youngest, a country with the 6th strongest currency making overseas travel affordable. Then why does it fly to ONLY 25 international destinations? Its network is limited to 4 continents including Australia.

It is nothing when compared to AF, LH, BA, KLM, SIA, MAS, TG etc. Airlines that have the youngest fleet plus they fly to 6 continents with over a hundred destinations. Sure, having no crash history makes this airline appealing but if it flew NEARLY as many destinations as the aforementioned airlines, then it would have been involved in many accidents.

But I must say the livery is nice. Second airline after Singapore Airlines to get Airbus A-380 and 20 of them!!! Plus ordered 65 B-787s. They are planning to add Dubai to their network and will be in expansion mood as the newer aircrafts begin to arrive.
4 engines 4 long-haul
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Here is my list, not in any particular order. It was difficult to list 10 airlines as I only 'fleet build' a select few:

Qatar
Etihad
Emirates
PIA
Air India
Iran Air
Iraqi Airways
Malaysian
Royal Jordanian
Aerolineas Argentinas
Moin Abbasi