PIA Cabin Crew Unhappy With Ultra-Long Haul Flights

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

PIA Cabin Crew Unhappy With Ultra-Long Haul Flights

Post by Amaad Lone »

On a recent flight from Dubai to Lahore, a few of the cabin crew stated their reluctance to join the 777 operations. They claim that PIA is carrying one set of cabin crew for the entire 14 hour flight, giving them three hour rest during the flight.

They claim the cabin crew ends up working for over 20 hours door to door which is to much work, and a lot of the cabin crew on the Toronto flight has reported sick after the flights.

Plus they are suppose to do the sector once a month and PIA is using these crew members atleast twice a month.

Maybe PIA should have stuck to the ERs and maintained a technical stop somewhere in Europe (Shannon).

Looks like the LRs will be a big waste in PIA.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

PIA's cabin crew are lazy a bunch of people. 3hour break is good enough.
I'm sure they have more rest days when they operate these long flights.
"Now we're going round in circles, tell me will this deja vu never end?"
Kashif
Registered Member

Post by Kashif »

I don´t get it. The LR´s got overhead crew rest are and they can easily carry two sets of crew
Charliedelta11
Registered Member

Post by Charliedelta11 »

oh..u have no idea how difficult it is to work 20 hours straight..
the over head compartments are extremely compact..too claustrophobic..a number of crew members have actually suffered nose bleeds due to these conditions...ventilation is supposedly awful there too and it isnt a matter of " laziness"....
and their being disgruntled is completely justified since they are'nt being paid as much as they should be for these 20 hour flights..as is the case with flight crew...on all long haul flights..
F.K
Registered Member

Post by F.K »

i thought they d kill for transatlantic flights, specially to toronto where they slip for 5 days straight.... although 20 hours can be agonizingly grueling specially for our cabin crew that arent used to flying that much.i think pia will have to reconsider.....!!
F.K
Jacobin777
Registered Member

Re: PIA Cabin Crew Unhappy With Ultra-Long Haul Flights

Post by Jacobin777 »

Amaad Lone wrote:On a recent flight from Dubai to Lahore, a few of the cabin crew stated their reluctance to join the 777 operations. They claim that PIA is carrying one set of cabin crew for the entire 14 hour flight, giving them three hour rest during the flight.

They claim the cabin crew ends up working for over 20 hours door to door which is to much work, and a lot of the cabin crew on the Toronto flight has reported sick after the flights.

Plus they are suppose to do the sector once a month and PIA is using these crew members atleast twice a month.

Maybe PIA should have stuck to the ERs and maintained a technical stop somewhere in Europe (Shannon).

Looks like the LRs will be a big waste in PIA.
PK got a great deal with the launch 777-200LR's anyway..so it wasn't a big loss for PK, and they still might need it..I would think Pakistan-MAN-LAX would be very well suited for the -200LR...add some cargo, and the route would be quite profitable....
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

PK got a great deal with the launch 777-200LR's anyway..so it wasn't a big loss for PK, and they still might need it..I would think Pakistan-MAN-LAX would be very well suited for the -200LR...add some cargo, and the route would be quite profitable....
The 777-200ER could do that route easily, no need for 777LR on that route.

I think PIA should do:
PAK-PVG-LAX-MAN-PAK 1 a week

PAK-MAN-LAX-PVG-PAK 1 a week

This would solve crew problems/issues on that route at least.
KSKJADOON
Registered Member

Post by KSKJADOON »

PIA Crew are far TOO LAZY to do anything let alone an LR flight.
PIA should hire non-pakistani crew for these non-stop flights. New crew who know a thing or two about Treating Customers/Passengers in a Professional Manner.
This way PIA's overall image will improve considerably. Hopefully they can be recruited on merit and not Sifarish therefore will have a Professional approach as oppose to the laid back approach currently seen on International Flights.
KHURRAM JADOON - LONDON (UK)
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

SQ/QF/BA fly SIN-LHR flights which are 13h30mins and i never heard any issues with them flying for that amount of time.

BTW i remember travelling in business class on PIA and i asked for a pillow and they said it is in the overhead cabins at the end of the business class cabin, and they sent me to get it myself...they could not be bothered to work a few feet to get it for me when it is there job!!
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

I recently flew three airlines in a span of ten days.

Qatar Airways, Alitalia and PIA.

And I found PIA crew to be extremely polite, friendly and looked after the passengers really well.

In contrast to Alitalia which needs to teach its cabin manners in dealing with passengers.

Qatar Airways was good, a lot of cabin crew from Eastern Europe Far East and South America.

I did not find the PIA cabin crew to be lazy or impolite, and I was traveling economy, not business where one expects more.

The problem with certain Pakistani passengers is that they want the cabin crew to act like servants, and when that does not happen they call them lazy.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
umar744
Registered Member

other airline long far away more than pia

Post by umar744 »

hello salam all friend
i flew 747-400 qantas airways with my friend captain graham only ONE captain and ONE first officer and TWO second officer from Los Angeles to Sydney 15hours 38mins 7606natural miles. Captain and First Officer only take off and landing but Second Officer only assistant pilot during flight radio,control,etc NOT take off and landing. All Captain and First officer patient brave fly long far away. we flew from Sydney to Bangkok then stayed in Bangkok one night 18hours then flew Bangkok to London 13hours then stay in london two days then flew from london to singapore 14hours and stayed singapore 18hours then flew singapore to melbourne to sydney 10hours duty. too tired and too hard work.
last 21st december 2005 my friend captain Malaysia Airlines 747-400 told me that surprised two captain and two first officer flew Kuala Lumpur to London 13hours 58mins and stay in hotel london only 12hours to 14hours then flew London to amsterdam refuel (heathrow fuel shortage)to Kuala Lumpur 16hours. they are too tired. Malaysia airlines money problem cannot afford too much due overdraft loss profit.
did you know singapore airline A340-500 fly nonstop Singapore to New york 18hours and Thai Airways fly nonstop from bangkok to new york 18hours.
PIA keep two or more 777LR good for hot overheat high temparture 35oC to 50oC reduce weight take off from 347000kg to 300000kg can fly to toronto, usa but if 777ER reduce from 297000kg to 254000kg cannot fly nonstop to canada, but can fly to london limited weight.
up to you decide
thank you
regards
umar