Economy + is it worth it?

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
khwateenohazraat
Registered Member

Economy + is it worth it?

Post by khwateenohazraat »

Hello All,

I'm going to Pakistan (Islamabad) in March, is it worth the extra £150 or so to go eco+? I think on the plane to ISB they have eco+ upstairs am not sure. What about their business class is it any good?

Thanks
Khwateen o hazraat twajjo farmay'ye...
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

I don't think its its really worth it, especially if you're only getting a 5kg extra baggage allowance.
Moin Abbasi
pkjet
Registered Member

Post by pkjet »

Firstly, the upgrade to P class is only £40 one way.

For that you get upgraded seating(743 only), upgraded catering, an amenity kit and hot towels and a slightly more personal service than standard Economy.

For 777 and Combi flights I wouldn't recommend upgrading as the seating is the same, if not more cramped, however there is AVOD on the first row of the 777 Economy+Plus.
You can't be all things to all people...so just be nice !
fly1346
Registered Member

Post by fly1346 »

I wouldnt reccomend it on the 777 as the seperation b/w cabins is a curtain which ppl disregard totally. BTW PKJET whats AVOD...
anyway i noticed that in Eco+ they just cater you a little more, like ask you for drinks a few more times then they do in Eco, and umm i guess thats all i noticed. Seat pitch is the same.
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Depends which aircraft your flying on. If your flights is on a Boeing 747-300 then i would recommend it as the section is located in the upper deck of the B743. It is also alot more quiet as kids are not allowed up there, its an oasis :wink: There is more legroom and yes you get more personal service...speaking from experience..
pkjet
Registered Member

Post by pkjet »

on 747-300 and A310 yes, everywhere else NO !!
You can't be all things to all people...so just be nice !
khwateenohazraat
Registered Member

Post by khwateenohazraat »

thanks all, can eco+ pax use Business lounge at ISB?
Khwateen o hazraat twajjo farmay'ye...