PK - US Nonstop Vs 1 stop

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
pakiaviator
Banned

PK - US Nonstop Vs 1 stop

Post by pakiaviator »

There are news that PIA is planning to start nonstop north american service. I would personally prefer either one stop service ORD - MAN - LHE (PIA) or ORD - DXB - LHE (Emirates). Nonstop service on PIA with less leg room will be too much for me. What do u guys think ?

Webmaster: how abt a poll on this issue ? :)
pk757
Registered Member

Post by pk757 »

well PK will only do so after they induct the 777lr and that aircraft has got moree legroom and better recline cuz its got lesser seats packed into the cabin, im guessin itll be a definite plus for ppl who wanna fly to the destination earliest possible. btw EK seats are narrow on the 777 all versions. 3-4-3 as compared to pk 3-3-3
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Im sure PK will have this aircraft configured so every passenger can feel comfortable to travel for non-stop flights to US from Pakistan...

PIA current Economy class layout is 3-3-3 and Club 2-3-2

Whereas many other have 3-4-3 (EK) or 2-5-2 (UA) :shock:
Che
Registered Member

Post by Che »

How likely would KHI-LAX be....Is PIA considering it. Both Northern/Southern California have sizeable Pakistani populations, especially LA area probably has more Pakistanis then Houston. I would rather see PIA fly to LAX then IAH....
pakiaviator
Banned

Post by pakiaviator »

i have been travelling on PIA JFK-LHE or ORD-LHE for over 10 years. I must say that day by day PIA service is becoming worst. Especially the 747 they fly out of JFK. Even though i would love to travel on PIA, but the service need to be improved significantly. Emirates is operating a nonstop A340-500 daily from JFK-DXB and is also planning for a non stop out of ORD-DXB starting from early next year. Though PIA has been lucky so far to get load from ORD and JFK primarily cz of low fares, but cz of Emirates nonstop flight, there is no much fare difference on PIA and Emirates for LHE.

Not to mention that, to ones on this forum who have traveled on PIA north american sector, all would agree that PIA flight certainly always require a "cleaning mission" after 7 hrs leg to manchester. I would just imagine that what will be the flying scenario with 300 ppl non stop to Pakistan.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

Non-stop Lahore-New York will be around 12 hours 30 minutes, compared to via Manchaster flight of 17 hours and 30 minutes.

That is five hours less, and should be a great marketing tool.

Eventhough 12 1/2 hours seems like a long flight, but the five hours saving makes it worth while.

The 240ERs are carrying 327 passengers, while the LRs are going to be configured in 301 seats, that is 26 less passengers, so hopefully more leg room.

Since PIA will be using the LRs on 12-14 hour flights, the leg room in economy class has to be better then the ERs or the people are going to get sick.

As for the Emirates 3-4-3 layout, thats for the 777-300s, is the 777-300 cabin wider then the 777-200?
SalamPaks
Registered Member

Post by SalamPaks »

pk757 wrote:well PK will only do so after they induct the 777lr and that aircraft has got moree legroom and better recline cuz its got lesser seats packed into the cabin, im guessin itll be a definite plus for ppl who wanna fly to the destination earliest possible. btw EK seats are narrow on the 777 all versions. 3-4-3 as compared to pk 3-3-3
Does anyone know for sure what the seat pitch/width and recline will be on the LR?

Having flown the current 777's in J and Y+, I would say seat pitch in J is acceptable (probably 40 inches or so), but the pitch in Y+ is pathetic - probably around 30-31 inches. Apparently, Y+ and Y- pitch are identical. The recline is acceptable, but many people have the decency not to recline fully into the lap of the person seated behind them, so it's generally of no use.

Sitting on a plane for 19 hours in a seat with a 31 inch pitch, you will not be comfortable.
pakiaviator
Banned

Post by pakiaviator »

now the million dollar Q', Will PIA get a permission to fly nonstop in todays world (security reason), keeping the fact in mind that by coming from europe it gets twice the screening from brits at manchester. We all know that our immigration authority is ..... well u know...

i dnt see PIA getting permission to operate ONCE A WEEK nonstop flight to US (chicago,houston) which no doubt itself is a joke.... !!!

how can u break even with one weekly flight to US, LOL....
B777240ER
Registered Member

Post by B777240ER »

I highly doubt it PK would have ordered the LR if they weren't sure they were going to get PAK-USA rights.

PK will have to increase frequencies PAK-MAN especially for LHE (55% are transit pax on 5 weekly LHE-MAN route)
pakiaviator
Banned

Post by pakiaviator »

cant PIA achieve the goal of nonstop flights to US on the current 777ER.... i think they can....

Only two airlines, Pakistan International and Eva Air, have so far bought the B777, ordering five between them. It is not yet known whether they will copy Singapore Airlines and install a special cupboard on board in which to carry a corpse, in case anyone dies during the flight. :)

The Aviation Health Institute, based in Oxford, has called on airlines to carry a doctor on very long flights. Farrol Kahn, the director, said that there was an increased risk of medical incidents, including heart attacks and deep vein thrombosis (DVT).

John Scurr, a consulant vascular surgeon at the Lister Hospital in London, and an expert on DVT, said that people were more than twice as likely to develop dangerous blood clots on flights of more than 12 hours as on short flights.

source: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0, ... 60,00.html
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

they will most probably have confirmed seats for those flights about 3-4 days before the flight departs from pakistan and all the traveling member names will be given to the US authoroties...and i think sublo pax. will have some trouble as thier seats are given on the last minute
pakiaviator
Banned

Post by pakiaviator »

in post 911 world, my experience is that if u fly on PIA to US , u face more abuse by the hands of Homeland security.

dekha nahi wo AC kay darwazay say hi kistara bhaer bakrioo ki tara deal kartay hain. including the flight crew......

a flight coming non stop to US, with 98% pakistanis on board, coming from pakistan on pakistani airlines...... hmmmmm.... a nice welcome by the INS.......

for me emirates is best JFK-DXB-LHE. n i cant wait more for ORD-DXB-LHE....
Che
Registered Member

Post by Che »

^^ Array bhai yeh idhar West Coast waloN ka kia hoga...aik flight humain bhi day do, baishak non-stop no ho...
pakiaviator
Banned

Post by pakiaviator »

i would love to go LAX - BANGKOK - LHE - THAI :)
ord
Registered Member

Post by ord »

Amaad Lone wrote: As for the Emirates 3-4-3 layout, thats for the 777-300s, is the 777-300 cabin wider then the 777-200?
No, that's their configuration on all their 777s. However, they do give you 34" pitch, which is a bit more than PK's 32" seat pitch.

As for people saying PIA's Y class configuration on the 777LR will be better than that of EK 777s, it should be noted that EK do not use the 777 on the US sector and use A345s which have a very comfortable layout in all classes.
SalamPaks wrote:I would say seat pitch in J is acceptable (probably 40 inches or so)....
Its more like 61"!