Third YYZ flight Authorized

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
cheetah
Registered Member

Third YYZ flight Authorized

Post by cheetah »

APPLICATION by Pakistan International Airlines Corporation for authority to operate a third weekly flight to Toronto, Ontario, Canada without including services at Montreal, Quebec, Canada and to offer up to 1000 seats per week while operating air services between Pakistan and Canada, from October 29, 2005 until April 1, 2006.

http://www.cta-otc.gc.ca/rulings-decisi ... 005_e.html
kamalla
Registered Member

Post by kamalla »

Its about time!!
I guess as per Behramjee's earlier post the third frequency will be for LHE?
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

plan calls for KHI-LHE-YYZ nonstop.

but read the CTA order carefully...which says that PIA can only fly the 3rd weekly flight until April 2006 and not beyond that date.
cheetah
Registered Member

Post by cheetah »

I believe PK will introduce the 3rd flight in December to cope with the winter rush.
cheetah
Registered Member

Post by cheetah »

The third flight has now been uploaded in the schedules. Starting 8/12 PK 783/784 every Thursday KHI -MAN -YYZ- MAN -KHI. Pleasent news for all of us from Karachi.
kamalla
Registered Member

Post by kamalla »

Well, this doesn't make much sense to me...... why can't they extend the flight to LHE? There is significant traffic from YYZ travelling to both cities, why not route it through LHE like the current tuesday flight?

I guess I can give up hope on a weekend flight for PIA to YYZ.... will be sometime before I can catch one of their B777's at YYZ again! :(
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

seriously i was thinkin that

tues, thurs and fri.....y not tues, friday and sunday?

the crew on the thursdays flight will have to leave on friday, a day after where as the crew for the friday flight gets like 4 days at toronto....not fare......and this is just KHI direct.......not PK direct.....they are making a stop at MAN....and i thought they were not allowed to make a stop in EU or UK before coming here .....
cheetah
Registered Member

Post by cheetah »

The difference in the layover does not matter. JFK crew patterns are also similar. All flights are given to the crew on a rotational basis. There is no limit on transit flights thru MAN.