PIA chooses Avis as car rental partner - PPI

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
basit_s
Registered Member

PIA chooses Avis as car rental partner - PPI

Post by basit_s »

PIA chooses Avis as car rental partner

KARACHI (September 20 2005):
Pakistan International Airlines endeavours to provide convenience and better services to their customers and announced signing of a key partnership with Avis, global car rental company and leader in Asian market.

As per FlyDrive agreement, all PIA passengers will be benefiting from special discount rates, when renting Avis car in all countries, where Avis operates. Members of airline's AwardPlus programme will in addition be enjoying added benefits. To obtain agreed discounts passengers would simply show PIA boarding pass to Avis rental agent on collection of their vehicles.

"We are delighted to have Avis on board,"
said Farooq Shah, Pakistan Internationals' Deputy Managing Director. "This partnership with one of the world's leading car rental companies gives PIA passengers valuable new offering which we expect to be very popular amongst our customers. This is another step forward in providing comfort and convenience to our passengers".

On partnership, Iqbal Walji, Group President Avis Pakistan said: "We are delighted that Pakistan International has chosen Avis as their car rental partner. This is significant opportunity and reinforces Avis' leadership position within air traveller segment and reflects commitment to building long-term partnerships with leading airlines in all geographic regions."

Copyright PPI (Pakistan Press International), 2005
az inja boro. nemikham bebinamet dige toro.
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

This is good news. I believe this is the first agreement PIA has had with a car rental company, correct me if I am wrong.
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Yes a good move by PIA, AVIS is a globally recognised brand many 4/5 staqr airlines use it for their customers... :wink:
SalamPaks
Registered Member

Post by SalamPaks »

Hopefully this is the beginning of a program of alliance building.
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

what about hertz? which one is better though?
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

They are both pretty much the same, my dad has memberships in both I think. Not too different from each other.
bagold
Registered Member

Post by bagold »

I beg to differ. I refuse to use Hertz now even though my company has a corporate agreement with Hertz. Avis customer service (at least in Europe) is much better.