Help with creating flight plan

Share info about flight simulation related to PIA and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
faisal-777
Registered Member

Help with creating flight plan

Post by faisal-777 »

So far I have flown in FSX only with direct flights i.e for example OPRN-OPKC. Now I want to create a plan where I start from OPRN, land at OPLA and then takeoff again from OPLA for OPKC. I tried modifying the default plan it gives by going to "edit" button in flight planner and then dragging the line to OPLA. The plan now shows a line from OPRN-OPLA and then OPLA-OPKC. But when I am near OPLA, ATC doesn't contact me for landing, instead it takes OPLA as a way point of my flight plan asking me to turn right and continue towards OPKC.

Any help with that ? Or is it impossible to do so by default flight planner & I need to install some add-on ?

Regards
Once you have tasted flight, you will ever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward - Leonardo Da Vinci
raihans
Registered Member

Re: Help with creating flight plan

Post by raihans »

As per my knowledge, you cannot plan such flight like OPRN-OPLA-OPKC, each time you have to plan one leg i.e. OPRN-OPLA and then OPLA-OPKC.

Once you land at OPLA, you can go to flight planner and select OPLA as origin and OPKC as your next destination but as there will be prompt by MS flight planner that you want to move your aircraft to this new defined origin? You have to click NO at this stage so your position on ground will not change and you can start your flight from the same position as you landed & parked at OPLA.
Raihan SR Bakhsh

flickr.com/photos/raihanshahzad
EY-B77W, A345, A320, A319, EK-B773, B77W, A388, FZ-B738, GF-L1011, B732, A332, A320, A319, KU-A343, AB6, A310, A320, NL-A320, PK-B707/720, B733, B772, B77L, AB4, A310, A320, QR-A320, A321, A333, A359, A35X, B77W, B788, WY-B738, B739, A333
faisal-777
Registered Member

Re: Help with creating flight plan

Post by faisal-777 »

Thanks I guess it's not possible to have such a flight plan.

And yes, I am aware of that creating new IFR plan when on ground. However, with some add-on aircraft, the option isnt available and you have to depart straight out and then create an IFR plan with destination
Once you have tasted flight, you will ever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward - Leonardo Da Vinci