Plastic Kits

Share info and photos of all kinds of aircraft models related to PIA and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
speedbird london
Registered Member

Plastic Kits

Post by speedbird london »

Salaam,

Ive been reading many posts, here and other forums, and sense that there is a lack of plastic model kits availability. The kits i mean are like Airfix and Revell 1/144 scale mainly. I mean what would the average kit maker/buyer in Pakistan pay for an Airfix/Revell kit 1/144 scale, lets say a 747-400???

I mean i may do research and and depending on positive feedback may consider exporting these products to Pakistan from Europe, where easily available. Although feed back from you guys in Pak would be great as to what know exactly you guys require.

As it used to be a hobby of mine when young, to make these kits from scratch, but the costs do go up, like the extras, in glues/paints/brushes/sprays, all add up. Now im fortunate enough to play with the real things now.

So guys please feel free, let me know whats the needs there in Pak. I am coming over in Nov 2010, so maybe i can start from there, like bring pre ordered stock over. Just a thought for now.
Moin
Registered Member

Re: Plastic Kits

Post by Moin »

I don't think it will be a good idea. I have several 1:144 Revell and 1:200 Hasegawa airliner kits which I will not have time to put together so i offered them for sale and 2 people were interested but when I quoted Rs.2000 for each Hasegawa kit, they said that's too 'expensive'. You will be spending $$$ on these kits so i would not raise my hopes in thinking you'll be able to make a profit when attempting to bring and sell these kits here because the buyers will be there, but they may not want to pay your asking price.
Moin Abbasi
speedbird london
Registered Member

Re: Plastic Kits

Post by speedbird london »

Salaam,

Thank you Moin, but sadly thats roughly the going rate as you mentioned. As these items have increased in prices, but i am in discussion with Airfix directly, into whats involved in becoming a rep/dealer, as im also considering running business based in UK, as aviation is my profession and passion. So be nice to share, and make a few pounds alongside.