Want to buy PIA aircraft seats

Share info & photos related to PIA and Pakistan aviation collectible items like stickers, airline safety cards, postcards, in-flight music, art work, modified photos and other miscellaneous Pakistan aviation related hobbies.
Babushka99
Registered Member

Want to buy PIA aircraft seats

Post by Babushka99 »

First Class / Business Class chairs: Don't ask why, but have a client who wants to buy PIA's FC/BC seats. Possible?
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: want to buy PIA aircraft seats

Post by Abbas Ali »

I think best oppurtunity will be when a PIA aircraft gets broken-up/scrapped at Karachi Airport in the future.

I've heard from a friend that few years ago when a number of PIA Boeing 747-200B aircraft were scrapped/broken-up at Karachi Airport, parts/components belonging to these aircraft were seen at local junk/scrap shops.

At present, retired PIA aircraft parked at Karachi Airport include Boeing 737-340 (AP-BCC), Boeing 747-240B Combi (AP-BAT) and Boeing 747-367 (AP-BFX) and all or some of these aircraft most probably will be scrapped/broken-up at Karachi Airport in the future and at that time people in Karachi might be able to buy parts belonging to these aircraft from local junk/scrap shops.

PIA Engineering at Karachi could also be having old seats in its warehouse and they might also be willing to sell these old seats to parties/individuals interested in buying/collecting aviation items.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Re: want to buy PIA aircraft seats

Post by ConnieMan »

Abbas Ali wrote:I think best oppurtunity will be when a PIA aircraft gets broken-up/scrapped at Karachi Airport in the future.

I've heard from a friend that few years ago when a number of PIA Boeing 747-200B aircraft were scrapped/broken-up at Karachi Airport, parts/components belonging to these aircraft were seen at local junk/scrap shops.

At present, retired PIA aircraft parked at Karachi Airport include Boeing 737-340 (AP-BCC), Boeing 747-240B Combi (AP-BAT) and Boeing 747-367 (AP-BFX) and all or some of these aircraft most probably will be scrapped/broken-up at Karachi Airport in the future and at that time people in Karachi might be able to buy parts belonging to these aircraft from local junk/scrap shops.

PIA Engineering at Karachi could also be having old seats in its warehouse and they might also be willing to sell these old seats to parties/individuals interested in buying/collecting aviation items.

Abbas

Exactly what i always keep look out for, i hope they will inform people for availability of these items fore hand before they scrap those airplanes. I just hope PIA somehow can save and preserve BAT as whole airframe instead of scrapping it.....it will be sad day in PIA's history if BAT or BAK are scrapped to pop cans!!...