1:25 scale PIA 773ER model receives new livery.

Share info and photos of all kinds of aircraft models related to PIA and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Moin
Registered Member

1:25 scale PIA 773ER model receives new livery.

Post by Moin »

Did a bit of 'model spotting' today. Was at the PIA head office again today and saw the magnificent 1:25 scale PIA 773ER and ATR which have received the new PIA livery. The paint job was done at the PIA paint shop and the results are fantastic.

1:100 Pacmin 773ER in one of the offices:
Moin Abbasi
Nasir
Registered Member

Re: 1:25 scale PIA 773ER model receives new livery.

Post by Nasir »

Excellent paint job on the 777.

The ATR paint job seems to be either not done by the PIA paint shop or perhaps they don't have the correct decals. The Urdu PIA seems hand painted (not the right curves or tightness). English PIA is also of an incorrect font.

All said, I'm surprised/glad that PIA is moving full force with converting the brand.
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

From what I could see they used stickers/decals.
Moin Abbasi
Aer Pakistan
Registered Member

Post by Aer Pakistan »

good job on B777-300 i think they should write PIA and Pakistan International little bit forward on ATR forward main Cargo door .
Muhammad Ali - London - UK

Always Pakistan First, Pakistan Zindabad
Fahad A
Registered Member

Post by Fahad A »

ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Yes they did sweet and very highend job on repainting the B77W's model but ATR does has off scale issues as few have been noted by other members, to me pax windows and cockpit windows are too big for the scale plus PIA dosen't ATR-72s of which this model is. In other wards wrong scale to begin with.

I would love to get one of PIA's B77W's 1/100 scale model's in my collection of 1/100 resin models.
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

The 1:130 scale 77W produced by Risesoon is miles better than the Pacmin version. I had a good look at this Pacmin model and while the mold is very good, I found the flap engravings in the wings very crude and bit toy like. The model is also devoid of any detail which is understandable as they are not produced for collectors but for the corporate market for whom these issues do not matter. While the Risesoon model is shorter by a few inches, the accuracy and detail makes up for it.
Moin Abbasi
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

OMG That new livery Boeing 777 and ATR look absolutely brilliant! Great job!

PIA is sure working fast on getting this makeover done asap!
Interislandjet
Registered Member

Post by Interislandjet »

great display model, nice livery :D
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

Great photos
but that Pacmin has total wrong artwork.
So Moin is the text on fuselage green?
My Aircraft Model Photos: www.flickr.com/haq747
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

There were 2 more Pacmin models in another office there, one was a 772LR and another 773ER and both had the flag tail livery. PIA received these models all with the flag tail and when the provincial livery was introduced, they made stickers for the tail and fuselage and pasted them onto the models. Remove that sticker from the tail and the flag will be under it.

Yes the reg, a/c name and Urdu Pakistan text are all green. No use splitting hairs now whether the text or name etc are green or black, it all looks the same and on 1:400 scale will be barely noticeable.
Moin Abbasi
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

Moin wrote:There were 2 more Pacmin models in another office there, one was a 772LR and another 773ER and both had the flag tail livery. PIA received these models all with the flag tail and when the provincial livery was introduced, they made stickers for the tail and fuselage and pasted them onto the models. Remove that sticker from the tail and the flag will be under it.

Yes the reg, a/c name and Urdu Pakistan text are all green. No use splitting hairs now whether the text or name etc are green or black, it all looks the same and on 1:400 scale will be barely noticeable.
i would not even try removing the stickers of my two pacmins hehe :P

ok great. Should see a PIA in 1/400 soon.
My Aircraft Model Photos: www.flickr.com/haq747