PIA B747-200 model at Madurodam, The Netherlands

Share info and photos of all kinds of aircraft models related to PIA and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Zulfiqar
Registered Member

PIA B747-200 model at Madurodam, The Netherlands

Post by Zulfiqar »

This photo was taken in 2004 with a disposable camera at Madurodam which a miniature city located in Scheveningen, The Hague, in the Netherlands. The exhibition includes Schiphol Airport and PIA has had a model there for some time (is it still there?). Please note the drooping winds and the engine touching the floor . Not good advertising for the airline. Also note the missing rear landing gear. Various other models may be seen in the background.

PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

You probably saw it on a bad day.

Model is still there as far as I know. and it is in perfect condition. Our very own forum member M.Ali (AERPAK) , put up some pics from his recent visit to the park. I wonder if the post still exists?
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Nice photo - thank you Zulfiqar for sharing.

The model does appear to be in need of some repair work. In another topic, our forum member Muhammad Ali (Aer Pakistan) also posted some photos of this model and his photos also showed model's engine#1 touching ground. Some sort of repair is required to balance the aircraft properly. Or, maybe it should be replaced with PIA Airbus A310-300 model - the aircraft type currently operated by the airline for flights to Amsterdam.

Photos of this model posted by Muhammad Ali (forum member Aer Pakistan) can be viewed in following topic.

Topic: PIA B747-200 BIG MODEL in Madurodam-Little Holland (Posted On January 12, 2008)

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Zulfiqar
Registered Member

Post by Zulfiqar »

PK 777, Yes it was a gloomy and wet August day.

Muhammed Ali's photos are indeed better than the one i posted, thanks for directing me there.

In my opinion PIA should present an up to date livery as well.

Zulfiqar