A380 Airforce one

Share info & photos related to world aviation collectible items like stickers, airline safety cards, postcards, in-flight music, art work, modified photos and other miscellaneous aviation related hobbies.
Nadir Ali
Registered Member

A380 Airforce one

Post by Nadir Ali »

cpt_747
Registered Member

Post by cpt_747 »

Looking good, but are they going to buy this beast?
The orbital speed of the Earth around the Sun averages about 30 km/s or 18 mps (108,000 km/h or 67000 mph).
Which means we're travelling 97 times the speed of sound. And yet we can't feel the motion,
SubhanAllah
Nadir Ali
Registered Member

Post by Nadir Ali »

cpt_747 wrote:Looking good, but are they going to buy this beast?
Not very likely. But Ive heard the A380 will also be used for VIP services in other countries though.
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

haha.. come one cpt747.. is the american govt really going to buy eurpoean planes.. its gonna fund its own.. aka Boeing to build a more sophisticated 747! :wink:
Nadir Ali
Registered Member

Post by Nadir Ali »

Yeah they will make one, but they have abandoned the idea of building larger planes and instead focusing on building planes that are more economical.
The next generation 747 wont be much bigger but definately more economical with ragged wingtips.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Yes there has been couple of VIP orders for A380 that i know of, one is some Japanese business man and other is some Russian business man!, now isn't it very ironic that private business men can afford to order this white whale yet none of the Arab oil producing governments even ordered one as yet!..As TJ said it's highly doubtful that US government will order 380 as Air Force one when they can order new next generation 747-8 instead!..

As for US making bigger planes, well they don't see the need of huge double decker planes, if there was a need, i'm sure it would have been made looong time ago, i have picture of double deck B747 based of 400 version and drawing of B707 in same configurations..A380 is just a novelty as not very many will be sold, heck Airbus needs to sell at least 500 380s to cut even the cost involved in this whole project...
Nadir Ali
Registered Member

Post by Nadir Ali »

ConnieMan wrote:Yes there has been couple of VIP orders for A380 that i know of, one is some Japanese business man and other is some Russian business man!, now isn't it very ironic that private business men can afford to order this white whale yet none of the Arab oil producing governments even ordered one as yet!..As TJ said it's highly doubtful that US government will order 380 as Air Force one when they can order new next generation 747-8 instead!..
The Arabs will probably order it as well. Gulf Arab governments are always hungry for more luxerious transports and palces, but then again when they got 747-400s just to fit a few people, they don't need A380 just yet.
As for US making bigger planes, well they don't see the need of huge double decker planes, if there was a need, i'm sure it would have been made looong time ago, i have picture of double deck B747 based of 400 version and drawing of B707 in same configurations..A380 is just a novelty as not very many will be sold, heck Airbus needs to sell at least 500 380s to cut even the cost involved in this whole project...
Yes they had bigger planes in mind but abandoned the idea. The double decker 747 U were reffering to i saw in a documentry. The US government just might get the A380. US airliners use airbuses even the fastest growing ones like jetblue so who knows....
Imran Hassan
Registered Member

Post by Imran Hassan »

PK777 wrote:haha.. come one cpt747.. is the american govt really going to buy eurpoean planes.. its gonna fund its own.. aka Boeing to build a more sophisticated 747! :wink:
They'd probably never purchase an A380 as Airforce one but don't forget they chose Airbus A330 for their air refuelling tanker programme over Boeing.
Adnan Anwar
Registered Member

Post by Adnan Anwar »

Imran Hassan wrote:
PK777 wrote:haha.. come one cpt747.. is the american govt really going to buy eurpoean planes.. its gonna fund its own.. aka Boeing to build a more sophisticated 747! :wink:
They'd probably never purchase an A380 as Airforce one but don't forget they chose Airbus A330 for their air refuelling tanker programme over Boeing.
For A330, the quantity was huge that Airbus found a local partner in USA to manufacturer the aircraft.

So for Air Force One purpose, i doubt it would be worth it to partner manufacturing of just two aircraft to replace the VC-25(Air Force One).
Adnan Anwar
Filipe_Santos
Registered Member

Post by Filipe_Santos »

Adnan Anwar wrote:
Imran Hassan wrote:
For A330, the quantity was huge that Airbus found a local partner in USA to manufacturer the aircraft.

So for Air Force One purpose, i doubt it would be worth it to partner manufacturing of just two aircraft to replace the VC-25(Air Force One).
There is the possibility to buy a lot of A380F, for cargo transport for the USAF
Abid
Registered Member

A380

Post by Abid »

The only Arab country and also the second airline in the world to own and operate A380 is Emirates Airlines. One of the Capt's of EK A380 is an ex PIA pilot who was also the first Pakistani pilot in the entire world to get command on B777 with Emirates.