Classic El Al Boeing 737-200 in old livery

Forum for sharing info and photos related to aircraft models from around the world.
Nadir Ali
Registered Member

Classic El Al Boeing 737-200 in old livery

Post by Nadir Ali »

Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

That livery looks gorgeous on their 742's.
Moin Abbasi
Nasir
Registered Member

Post by Nasir »

Interestingly, EL AL (אל על‎) also translates into "The Children" referring to "the children of Israel" or Bani-Israel
Nadir Ali
Registered Member

Post by Nadir Ali »

Moin wrote:That livery looks gorgeous on their 742's.
Not in my opinion. I think their new livery with the flag looks more attractive, but thats just my opinion.
Nadir Ali
Registered Member

Post by Nadir Ali »

Nasir wrote:Interestingly, EL AL (אל על‎) also translates into "The Children" referring to "the children of Israel" or Bani-Israel
Are you sure? I know al=the in both hebrew & Arabic. I read in a book somewhere it means free wings or flying to freedom, something like that and a Syrian family friend said the same of it's meaning in Arabic.

But id have to speak the languages to know that 100% which I dont.

But El Al does deserve my praise both for it's security and service quality.
AP-BGJ
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGJ »

i have absolutely no intentions to start a debate war here !!!! but somehow i have this feeling that PIA's current livery is very very similar to EL AL's the flag the stripe on the fuselage..

i remember watching their 742 in this livery at LHR in 2003 looked great honestly!!!
Nasir
Registered Member

Post by Nasir »

Nadirali wrote:
Nasir wrote:Interestingly, EL AL (אל על‎) also translates into "The Children" referring to "the children of Israel" or Bani-Israel
Are you sure? I know al=the in both hebrew & Arabic. I read in a book somewhere it means free wings or flying to freedom, something like that and a Syrian family friend said the same of it's meaning in Arabic.

In Hebrew, "EL (אל)" is the same as the Arabic "AL (ال)". Think of how the word Aal (آل) fits in with "Ehl-o-Ayaal (family & relatives)" as well as "Aal Aulaad (family & children)" and it becomes clear what ELAL can be taken to meant. It is an ingenious marketing brand.

Regarding your second statement, actually ELAL is known for pretty shoddy service quality.
Nadir Ali
Registered Member

Post by Nadir Ali »

Nasir wrote:
Nadirali wrote:

In Hebrew, "EL (אל)" is the same as the Arabic "AL (ال)". Think of how the word Aal (آل) fits in with "Ehl-o-Ayaal (family & relatives)" as well as "Aal Aulaad (family & children)" and it becomes clear what ELAL can be taken to meant. It is an ingenious marketing brand.

Regarding your second statement, actually ELAL is known for pretty shoddy service quality.
Then you are right. But actually in North African Arabic it's pronounced "el" also (ie El-Giza in Egypt).

About shoddy service does that mean good or bad?
Nadir Ali
Registered Member

Post by Nadir Ali »

AP-BGJ wrote:i have absolutely no intentions to start a debate war here !!!! but somehow i have this feeling that PIA's current livery is very very similar to EL AL's the flag the stripe on the fuselage..
Yeah i noticed that too. PIA got that after getting the new 777s El Al got their new stripe livery sometime in 2002
i remember watching their 742 in this livery at LHR in 2003 looked great honestly!!!
I agree. Their new livery is awesome. I dont care much for their old livery.

Speaking of el al did i mention we avoided a collision once on our way to Toronto from Lahore? We were on one of PIA's 200LR/ERs (possibly AP-BGZ) somewhere over Qubec when an el al 777200ER swooped just beneth us. Seconds earlier i nocied we had climbed a few hundred feet. This was back in september 2006
zee757
Registered Member

Post by zee757 »

Nadir Ali wrote:
Moin wrote:That livery looks gorgeous on their 742's.
Not in my opinion. I think their new livery with the flag looks more attractive, but thats just my opinion.
yeah i agree!
the new livery looks much better than the old one
looks slightly like PIAs livery
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

I highly prefer EL AL's new present livery over old one, that was too much solid blue colors with sharp angles on it!....