Hobby Lobby Shop in Lahore

Share info and photos of all kinds of aircraft models related to PIA and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
samee380
Registered Member

Hobby Lobby Shop in Lahore

Post by samee380 »

My parents are going to pakistan on 6th january from LHR TO LHE with PIA and they wanted to know which aircraft will they get?

and also is they any shop where you can buy models from in Lahore as i can remember that there was a shop in the old lahore airport called "Hobby Lobby" is this still there or where is it now? does this shop sell models like GJ PX DW...etc?

Hope you can help
My Aircraft Model Photos: www.flickr.com/haq747
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

there's a hobby shop in Pakistan????? WHEREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE?????????? :shock: :shock: :shock: If there is then plz tell me so i dont waste my money here in Canada......
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Last time i was in Lahore i went to Liberty Market as it was there few years before when i went, but no to be surprised it was closed and i don't know if they relocated or just went bankrupt, i also located another Hobby shop in "C" Block market of Model town at one time, they were manufacturing there own designed Radio control models (RC), but again i don't know if they exist still or not. Just so you all know last time i went to Lahore was in 96 so its been 10 years now.
Last edited by ConnieMan on Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Yep, it closed down many years ago! It had RC (Remote Control) aircrafts, other aviation memrobilia. Abbas, help me out here it was you who I asked about this?
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

I went to Hobby Lobby I think about 3 to 4 years ago and all they had, which I got for around Rs.500 was a Hasegawa 1/200 JTA 737-400 kit.

On one of my trips here to the UK I went and purchased a set of 1/200 decals for a LOT 734 for this kit as I don't plan to make it JTA.
Moin Abbasi
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

does anyone know if there are any Hobby shops in PAKISTAN outside of Lahore, maybe Islamabad, Karachi or Multan..... anyone??? jus curious.... :?
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Mohsin,
There used to be RC Hobby shop in Karachi on Tariq road, i think its called Hobbyden or Hobbyhut i don't remember now as its too been many years now, i remember at the time i was there they had RC F16 kit in General Dynamics colors...don't know if its still open or not for business
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

do ISB duty free RC shop have good stuff? I remeber going to one and my dad bought me an RC 4WD for my 8th birthday in 1998 :lol:
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

guys, I dont know about a hobby shop, but there are alot of professional RC shops in Lahore, knowing a very expensive and good quality RC plane warehouse I think in Lahore Cantt and alot of shops in Shalemi :lol: Shalemi has good RC stuff....
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
VirtualPIA
Registered Member

Post by VirtualPIA »

umm hobby lobby is still open but now an exclusive club for remote control airplane flyers.
you only find tiny plastic military airplane models there, seriously over priced.
The angle of arrival is inversely proportional to the probability of survival.
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

Ahmed, isn't there a RC plane shop in Cantt?? I heard that there is, my bro went there. It was either Cantt or the new colony in Pakistan and i forgot the name! :lol:
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

These days Hobby Lobby shop is in Centre Point shopping plaza on Gulberg Main Boulevard. They deal in RC aircraft and their accessories. For PIA enthusiasts they don't have anything to offer.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

You guys should get together and open a hobby shop in Karachi.
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

hello everyone. I got some good news. Hobby Lobby is still open in Lahore in Defence and Gulberg III main beulavard. Hobby world located somewhere in Karachi and about 3 hobby shops in Isloo and RWP!!! will provide full details soon!

Also, I love airplanes but this new hobby took over my heart!! :lol:

RC DRIFTING!!!

how to drift??

the car I'll be getting!.....Tomorrow!!!

Some action?

SOME REAL ACTION......OH YEAH!!!!

MUST SEE:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hPVRJYYjP3k& ... ed&search=

Some OK ones....
http://youtube.com/watch?v=hcSDuI5UfFk
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8zRoaZ00KRc

RC to its limit!
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Zph7iHa-K6U
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
VirtualPIA
Registered Member

Post by VirtualPIA »

you better hope I dont get my hands on you.......
by the way, a couple of years back I ran into a Paki guy doing model sales through the net....though I dont remember the name of his site, but it did show up in google when I searched for " Model Aircraft " or something. Might want to try that.
Anyways, the models were around 600-700 not sure what of though. He had some TWA / Pan Am jets and I think a PIA 707 too.
The angle of arrival is inversely proportional to the probability of survival.