Garden Furniture International

Share info and photos of all kinds of aircraft models related to PIA and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
SaadSaeed
Registered Member

Garden Furniture International

Post by SaadSaeed »

I was feeling uber geeky this morning so i decided to play with my new toys and take some pictures for fun. Here we are, at Garden Furniture International. Temperature is around 18C with a beautiful Sunny Dutch morning sky (a rarity). Expect bird poo and insect strikes on your way out.

DC3. Yay Quaid-e-Azam kay zamanay ka plane hai. Back wheel is movable. The propellers started moving as wind blew around them.
The back tail wing could have used some attention during assembly as it is a little lopsided. Not visible in this shot but only if you look at the place from the front.

KLM 747-200 PH-BUN is like the AP-BAK of PIA. An old bird but now retired. Ours are still in service. The camera stand provides a good illusion of GFI Tower.

Caught a bee in this shot.
KLM in focus

PI in focus

PIA707. I love this one. The black nose is nostalgic for me.

This is the bigger boo boo i was talking about. When i ordered this, i didn't pay attention to the scale. I thought this guy would fit nicely in my palm and i had a perfectly nice spot in my room picked out to display him. Little did i know, this monster is too big to put anywhere. I couldn't take it out completely without tearing the box it is sitting on, so until i find a suitable place to put him down he stays in the box. It has a nice stand mounted underneath and is apparently a collector edition with only a few in circulation. I like it, its nice to have these oldies.

Dutch side closeup:

English side closeup:

Tail Closeup: (marketing guys made a big deal about NL flag painted on it.)

In case you wanted to see how it compares to others in size, here they are on the same ramp:

Box info KLM:

Box info Eastern DC3

I hope you enjoyed watching these. When i ordered them, i was thinking if someday i find the courage, it would be good to have some PIAish looking old crafts to throw paint on.

1mb engine statup video:
http://img119.imageshack.us/my.php?imag ... 381rt4.swf
FASTEN SEAT BELT WHILE SEATED
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

wow.... great shotss... love th start-up vi
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Awsome shots!

The Gemini Jets KLM B742 and Aeroclassics PIA B707 look really good. Sadly the classics dont appeal to me, but they do look great in the pics. 8)