Saudi Arabian Airlines hiring Pakistani flight attendants

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Saudi Arabian Airlines hiring Pakistani flight attendants

Post by Abbas Ali »

Ad in today’s (January 29, 2006) newspaper:

Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
pkjet
Registered Member

Post by pkjet »

Great to see companies recruiting in Pakistan but I really wish Pakistani males were looked upon as favourably as females are.
You can't be all things to all people...so just be nice !
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Gulf carriers hiring local crew is nothing new pkjet, in the 80's Saudia used to have a crew base and training centre in Karachi, some very glamorous Pakistani women were assocaietd with the airline at top posts, and some past TV celebtrities were also F/A's with them.
fly1346
Registered Member

Post by fly1346 »

when i flew Saudia in 2003, I saw a widely if not all flight crew based of filipino/indonesian/malaysian women....
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

The chief F/A's on my Saudi flight were both Pakistani, the rest were Arabs, infact there was even one Pakistani man who seemd to be an Purser onboard.
pk757
Registered Member

Post by pk757 »

.. thats good, but what is wrong with pakistani males i mean are they not presentable enough to work for SV???
ive seen SV FAs theyr ok, yes mostly of malay origin, and are very very simple... literally no facial TOUCHUPS DONE OR is it cuz im used to seein white washed and painted faces of PIA FAs
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

They never hire foreign male crew, only Saudi nationals, even Gulf Air only hire men from the GCC member states no where else, I think Kuwait Airways, Air Arabia and Oman Air only hire Arab men too, foreign men from non-Arab countries are limited to Etihad, Emirates and Qatar Airways.
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

One of my friends was an F/A with SV too many years ago and she was on the 741, 743, Tristar and 737. After she left SV she did a bit of modelling and appeared in a few TV dramas as well.

Alot of Pakistani girls vied for jobs in SV due to the handsome pay scale. Even my sister applied alongwith a friend of hers when they finished college, but withdrew her application the minute my dad threatened to disown her.
Moin Abbasi
pk757
Registered Member

Post by pk757 »

wut is the big deal abt becomin an FA???
I dont understaND WHY Pakistani parents get alll flared up the minute thier daughter wants to apply for this post..... i ve seen it happen quite alot an dsome girls were turend out of thie rparents houses when they got the call ...................... very disgusting mentality of pakistanis
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

I guess some parents feel that being an F/A is kind of like being a glorified maid servant to pax and not a very dignified job.
Moin Abbasi