Etihad Airways starting ISB/LHE

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Suleman
Registered Member

Etihad Airways starting ISB/LHE

Post by Suleman »

I just called Etihad airways office in brussels. They told me that Etihad airways will be flying to Islamabad next week. Lahore flights will be starting in mid Februari.
B777240ER
Registered Member

Post by B777240ER »

Next week and we haven't heard about it?

Maybe Etihad will fly pax who have booked on GF flights.
flyingsystem
Registered Member

Post by flyingsystem »

Interesting, its first time flight from brussels to lahore and islamabad, secondly its cheap compared with other airlines.
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

rumor has it that EY will fly :

AUH-PEW twice a week

AUH-ISB 5 times a week

AUH-LHE twice a week

Source : EY YYZ office
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

Dubai: Etihad Airways, the UAE's national carrier, will launch flights to the northern Pakistan cities of Lahore, Islamabad and Peshwar as well as Manila next month while flights to the Bangladesh capital Dhaka will follow later this year, a senior official said.

As part of its ambitious growth plan, the two-year-old carrier will also start flights to New York, Manchester, Jeddah and Jakarta before the end of this year.

"We are going to receive our first Boeing 777 on January 30, which will be followed by the delivery of five Airbuses that will allow us to launch flights to expand our network fast," Ingo Roessler, Etihad's vice-president for cargo.

"We are launching flights to three north Pakistani cities, Peshawar, Islamabad and Lahore as well as to Jeddah and Manila next month."

Flights to New York will start in summer this year, he said, without giving a specific date.

This will connect the UAE's capital with New York and help Abu Dhabi to become a connecting hub for intercontinental passengers.

Flights to Pakistan, Bangladesh and the Philippines come as good news to more than a million expatriate residents belonging to these countries and opens a new avenue for them to fly home. It will also raise Abu Dhabi's position as a regional aviation hub.

"By 2008, Etihad will have 40 aircraft in its fleet, serving more than 50 destinations on five continents," Roessler said.

Etihad is the first UAE-based carrier to operate flights to Toronto, where many UAE residents have emigrated. Dubai-based Emirates has yet to fly to Canada, although it has developed a strong connection to New York with direct flights from its Dubai hub.
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

very disturbing flight reviews of Etihad Airways service and inflight product I must say!!!

Etihad Airways - by John Noble
10 January 2006
London to Bangkok via Abu Dhabi and found the return journey to London, the worst flight I have ever experienced. The plane was a very old Airbus A330 chartered from Iberworld, who seemed to be going for a world record as to how many seats they could shoe horn into a plane. There was virtually no leg room which resulted in sleep being a total impossibility for not only myself, but every fellow passenger over 5 foot 2. The staff seemed to be used to complaints about the lack of room and would only give me a standard "we are expecting a delivery of new aircraft soon" speech. Subsequently I would NOT recommend this airline until they have taken delivery of their new aircraft.

Etihad Airways - by Ian Milligan
10 January 2006
London Gatwick to Abu Dhabi, in Economy. A dreadful experience with an awful airline! Seats are tiny, with the lowest seat pitch I have ever experienced. During the outward and return flights, my legs were dangling in the aisle in an attempt to get some comfort. Service on board is very poor - cold coffee, inappropriate menu for children, unsmiling cabin attendants. The advertising for the airline creates a lot of high expectation, but sadly, Etihad do not have their act together or any idea of what people really expect. Fly with them only as a last resort!

Etihad Airways - by Oliver Rann
4 January 2006
London to Bangkok via Abu Dhabi return. Possibly the worst flights I have ever experienced. Clapped out seats, pitched at a miserable 29 inches for 7.5 hours - chronic lack of legroom - to recline in these circumstances was obviously appalling manners but the idiots in front of my family reclined the whole 7.5 hours. One of my children attempted a recline, but was greeted with howls of protest from behind - so we sat there very uncomfortable for 7.5 hours - wedged between our upright seats and the recliners to the front, knees braced against metal rod to rear of seat in front. Everyone tetchy, bad tempered and sleep impossible. Staff totally indifferent (obviously had many complaints on every flight) and refused to respond. Air-conditioning not working properly (very hot about 40C) - clapped out very old A330, chartered from Iberworld. No menu choices available for other than first few rows - just cold curry - one child nearly sick in hot cramped conditions. Difficult to get tea or coffee - tepid anyway, and virtually no chance of an alcoholic drink. All four flights completely full, way too few flight attendants. Poor service. Cheap but absolutely awful. Will never fly with Etihad again.

Etihad Airways - by Sofia Khan
4 January 2006
Toronto to Abu Dhabi.We were scheduled to leave on the night of Dec. 30th. Upon arrival to the airport three and a half hour earlier than scheduled flight and a long wait of 2 hours. We were curious to know when the check-in counter will open. After a long wait and still no sight of Etihad's employee, we asked a airport employee about the flight EY 502. He advised us that EY 502 had been cancelled, and that we should come back 10:00 in the morning - flight was now scheduled for 1:00pm. When we arrived to the airport, we were again notified that flight is further delayed and that we should wait in the lounge for news. Plane finally took off after a long 14-15 hours of stressful wait and running around. We could have avoided all the hassle if somebody from Etihad had bothered calling their customers, and notifying of flight cancellation.
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

Etihad sounds like Gulf Air part II!! I hear exactly the same comments being made by GF passengers as well. None of the middle east airlines come close to the quality of EK, even QR i found very crappy. From now on i will only use PK or EK, the rest are useless.
"Now we're going round in circles, tell me will this deja vu never end?"
B777240ER
Registered Member

Post by B777240ER »

behramjee wrote:rumor has it that EY will fly :

AUH-PEW twice a week

AUH-ISB 5 times a week

AUH-LHE twice a week

Source : EY YYZ office
So basically taking over GF flights.
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

which aircraft B767 or A330 ?
malpensa26
Registered Member

Post by malpensa26 »

will Gulf air still fly from muscat and bahrain to pak?
Bahrain_flyer
Registered Member

Post by Bahrain_flyer »

For sure GF will be flying from MCT n BAH to KHI since BAH and OMAN are share holders for GF and as a matter of fact there's no such airline atleast from BAH which flies non-stop or direct to KHI even PIA flies to KHI from BAH via DOH. As far as MCT is concerned that also flies direct non-stop to KHI.
Up in the air is where I fly I like 2 soar way up high ;)
ord
Registered Member

Post by ord »

I have known people who flew Ethihad and they quite liked it. However, everyone seemed to be unanimous in their view that the service is very inconsistent.
smarties wrote:Etihad sounds like Gulf Air part II!! I hear exactly the same comments being made by GF passengers as well. None of the middle east airlines come close to the quality of EK, even QR i found very crappy. From now on i will only use PK or EK, the rest are useless.
You are entitled to your opinion. I have flown Gulf Air and their First and Business class cabins are infinitely superior to anything Emirates or PK offer. I think they have a very classy product. I have also flown in Y class with them and the service was quite good.

The only a/c on which EK has a good F/C product is the A340-500s and those only fly DXB-JFK, DXB-MEL, and DXB-SYD. The Business class seating on their 777s and A330s are attrocious. In Y class, the 777s have 10-abreast seating, which is a disgrace as they use them on sectors where flight times exceed 7 hours. And if you have to sit in Y class.... well have you ever sat on an EK 777 in Y class (esp. if on the HD version)?!?!

I think you work for Air India at LHR right. Well, I will give you my two cents: AI's F and C class product is years ahead of EK, except the JFK, MEL and SYD flights I mentioned earlier! Even PIA has a better J class seating on their 777s than EK. And these are Third World airlines!!!
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

Business class seating on their 777s and A330s are attrocious. In Y class, the 777s have 10-abreast seating, which is a disgrace as they use them on sectors where flight times exceed 7 hours. And if you have to sit in Y class.... well have you ever sat on an EK 777 in Y class (esp. if on the HD version)?!?!

I think you work for Air India at LHR right. Well, I will give you my two cents: AI's F and C class product is years ahead of EK, except the JFK, MEL and SYD flights I mentioned earlier! Even PIA has a better J class seating on their 777s than EK. And these are Third World airlines!!!
very very true!!!
sheriyars
Registered Member

Post by sheriyars »

I was always in an impresson that EITHAD had germs to be one of the best airline in da world.
AP-BGJ
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGJ »

i totally agree the seats on emirates b777's Y class is just terrible. If anyone who has'nt yet experienced what DVT is like i would suggest to take an emirates flight of more than 7 hours duration and sit o the window seat and u will exactly come to know how DVT is like.

as far as etihad is concerned well it is just not worth to travel on etihad even if u get free tickets. i think gulf air and qatar are much much better any time.

ayways i will be flying to pakistan on tuesday with gulf air and i wll definitely take some pics and upload them .

i would love to get advice from u ppl regarding what pics to take.

cheers guys!!!