Meeting with Mr Kirmani

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
pkjet
Registered Member

Meeting with Mr Kirmani

Post by pkjet »

Mr Kirmani is in the UK soon and via a good family friend in KHI I am meeting him ! I will be discussing various strategies such as route planning, fleet acquisitions and the like.

Will definately be telling him about HOP !! And of course there will be a pic !

Regards
Last edited by pkjet on Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can't be all things to all people...so just be nice !
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

good to hear this...i will be emailing ur hotmail the 8 page strategy report i made for PIA...plz print it out and give it to him and also ask him if he received copies of it last month as my mom in KHI TCSd it to him plus I emailed it to PIA.

Thanks again :)
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Good news, pkjet.

Find out about the livery and the failure BA had with it afew years back...
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

hi imran plz chk ur hotmail as ive sent u an email.

plz reply back to it confirming receipt.

thanks
F.K
Registered Member

Post by F.K »

dude plzz dwell on the upsides of 747 freighters for pia and tell him how in the past pias cargo generated alot of revenue when it used 707s.
F.K
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

B 747Fs are too big for PIA...I would rather go with 4 A 300-600R Freighters...fleet commonality with A 310s...reasonable range 5-6 hours nonstop flight + 50-55 tonne payload capacity etc.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Imran,

Good luck with your meeting. Looking forward to know the outcome of your discussion with Mr. Kirmani.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
pkjet
Registered Member

Post by pkjet »

hi behramjee i've replied to your email.
rest assured HOP will receive maximum exposure.

I am bursting with excitement so to speak !

Also my cousin Shazia who is an AH in PIA ( pic on globalpia) is mates with the big chief's daughter and has passed on my info re: the meeting !
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Please emphasise the failure of BA world tails not for being un-British but also due to being unfeasible and add in Mexicana Airlines as well since they experimented with the same concept in the early 90's, maybe just one design selected could be applied to the entire fleet promoting the country as a whole.

BTW I think some one from these forums has passed the ethnic idea to Kirmani.
pkjet
Registered Member

Post by pkjet »

I agree Coyboy.
How on earth can one identify a major airline when every tail is different !!!!
Consistency please PIA !
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Listen once management has decided on something, its going to take a hell of alot more than a few PIA enthusiasts to change their minds and the only way they will do so is when they actually apply the scheme and experience firsthand the problems that could follow.

Had prior info gotten out that the current flag is what's going to be put on the tail and everyone voiced their objections at that time, they wouldn't have cared but now that its there and nobody seems to like the look of it, its hopefully going.

PIA has several people carrying out feasibility tests all the time and I'm sure BA's experience with such a design crossed their minds. You never know, it might just turn out to be something that works.
Moin Abbasi
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

I guess I was right about the idea being forwarded from this forum.
Aftab PK786
Registered Member

Azan

Post by Aftab PK786 »

Usalamulkium,

Good luck with your meeting Imran. Just on a personal note one aspect that if you can mention to Mr Kirmani is that PIA should bring back, what they have know stopped while travelling from London Heathrow to Islamabad International Airport on PK786 and on the way back PK785 is that before when the aircraft was on the runway you could hear the pilot revving the engine but the brakes where on and as soon as the Azan came on the aircraft starts to take off and while the Azan is going on the aircraft is going up into the air. The sight of being their and experiencing and thinking about it was brilliant. It will be excellent to have that back because it makes you feel proud to be a Muslim and a Pakistani.
Long Live Pakistan and Its People
SalamPaks
Registered Member

Post by SalamPaks »

<space reserved for gratuitously smart comment>
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

I think TK's head is going to be spinning after this.
Moin Abbasi