PIA saves life of seven-year old girl

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

Monday December 19, 2005 (1800 PST)

KARACHI, December 20 (Online): Pakistan International Airline (PIA) saved life of a seven-year girl Hibba Tauheed by emergency landing of its flight at Budapest Hungary for her medical treatment when she fell ill with convulsions while travelling on board PK-786 from London to Islamabad.

The girl was travelling with here mother and brother. The flight had taken off from London Airport at 1:00 hours Pakistan Standard Time on Monday.

A doctor on board the flight examined the girl and immediately advised the cabin crew that the girl`s condition was serious and needed immediate medical attention.

The crew subsequently informed the flight captain who then diverted the aircraft to the nearest destination Budapest, the capital of Hungary, informing the air traffic controller and seeking permission to land at the airport.

The airport authorities after completing the immigration formalities allowed the girl`s admission to a near-by hospital.

The flight after four and a half-hours time left for its destination leaving behind the girl along with her family members. The flight reached Islamabad at 14:00 hours Pakistan Standard Time.

Source: PakTribune
FKhan722
Registered Member

Post by FKhan722 »

Here's the pic to go with the article....

http://www.planepictures.net/netshow.php?id=424241

Good Job PIA, kudos to the physician onboard :D
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Good work PIA!

What would those poeple do now who are there in Hungry? Is PIA now resposible for bringing them back home?
Adnan
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

I flew in this same a/c to ISB last week.
Moin Abbasi
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

Great JOB captain and timely Desicion.
Fortune favours brave.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Any airline would have doen the same, why teh praise as if its something unique that PIA did.

BTW has anyone noticed how may people are falling sick and even passing away on PIA's UK services, the famous Karachi cake maker Armeen Cowasjee passed away flying in from Birmingham too late for diversion, another lady passed away going to London, flight had to land in Tehran, 777 diverted to Istanbul while coming in form Manchester due to passenger having heart trouble, 777 diverted to Baku while coming in from Manchester passenger had heart trouble too, child fell sick 747 diverted to Aktyubinsk while going to London, 743 diverted to Munich while going to MAN due to soem medical situation.
PakN'US
Registered Member

Post by PakN'US »

Coyboy,
I am of the firm belief when the time to die has come, secondly, no one knows where a person will die or do they? one of my good friends survived Fokker crash while 4 of his colleagues perished, and i have seen people just roll over and die!!! Nothing can change that! If a person is to get sick, he/she will get sick irrespective of where they are. may be most of these people are already sick and not aware of their condition?
Just when you thought you were winning the rat race, along came faster rats!!!
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Sorry bahi jan I only wanted to bring to notice the fact that since I have kept track of PIA diversions all of this stuff is only happening on their UK services to and from, now where else.