PIA to get a new colour scheme with delivery of B777LR

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
pkjet
Registered Member

PIA to get a new colour scheme with delivery of B777LR

Post by pkjet »

I have just read an email in our office that PIA is looking to adopt a brand new smart and modern livery with the delivery of the new B777-200LR aircrafts in December/January.

I never did warm to the current Boeing designed livery. What a mess.
As I stand outside the aircraft each day, I have no feeling for this scheme and the previous green is visible in the tailfins of the 747-300 aircraft.

Here's to the return of the green in a unique and eye catching way.
You can't be all things to all people...so just be nice !
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

I've heard there will be change in the tail design after the induction of B772LR (most probably) as it is disliked by most of the people. What are your opinions for the tail?
Lets see what acctually comes after there deleivery.
Adnan
malpensa26
Registered Member

Post by malpensa26 »

i went to OHARE ORD and got photos of all flights moslty but when i came to PIA i thought dam thats ugly not worth take pics so glad to see this rejected livery out.
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Really hope Tariq K has something better than this livery, the tail need to be heavy developed to replace the legendary PIA on the tail :wink:

What a sight it was...........sigh.... :cry:
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

i met this guy at the airport taking pics today.....n i was surprised to hear from him....as he was originaly somewhere from europe that the early 80s theme the golden one ... was his favorite out of all the airlines he had seen around the world, he loved the PIA golden one....no wonder that theme was a legend..........
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

malpensa26 wrote:i went to OHARE ORD and got photos of all flights moslty but when i came to PIA i thought dam thats ugly not worth take pics so glad to see this rejected livery out.
Hahaha, it sounds funny. :lol: Anyway I really don't like the new livery either, Hopefully Tariq will put a new livery that incorporates the green tail. I miss it. :cry:
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Definetly Saad, the 80s livery was one of the best liveries PIA came out with. I think Negus and Negus designed the 80s and 90s livery, both which suited the airline for many decades.... :wink:

Really anxious to see what the B772LR will look like in two months time.....
fly1346
Registered Member

Post by fly1346 »

i LOVED THE PASHMINA DESIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was soo grand, and reminded me of pakistan even more every time i saw it!
Valkyrie
Registered Member

Post by Valkyrie »

fly1346 wrote:i LOVED THE PASHMINA DESIGN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It was soo grand, and reminded me of pakistan even more every time i saw it!
Agreed, that was one of a kind.
kamalla
Registered Member

Post by kamalla »

I personally wouldn't mind seeing a total change in the livery.
It would be nice to incorporate a good bit of green into the livery!
pk757
Registered Member

Post by pk757 »

guys i really think the new livery is ok ,not that i dont want a change in the tail flag area,..i mean it has grown on me with time, at firs ti didnt like the flag aswell but now ive made my peace with it and i kind of like the new unifroms aswell,
sure the livery is minimalistic but it is very newage, some other major carriers like Air newzealand and ELAL are sporting very very similar designs aswell i guess it is graceful.
HokutoNoKen
Registered Member

Post by HokutoNoKen »

Eid mubarak to everyone!

i agree with Kamalla; a fresh new total overhaul of the livery!
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

The green/gold livery was beautiful granted, as were some of their previous ones as well, but I think its finally time to move on from the 'PIA' on the tail scheme. PIA has been on the tails of all its a/c since incorporation, it is now time for a change. It has moved to the fuselage, now all thats left is to revise the design on the tail.
Moin Abbasi