ATC: PIA & Others (October 29, 2005)

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.

How would you rate this piece of audio?

Poll ended at Sat Nov 05, 2005 8:12 pm

Very Bad -- Should not be added to the project!
8%
Bad -- It's ok, but I dont want more of it!
8%
OK -- It's cool. I will listen to it if its posted.
8%
Good -- It's fun. I would like to see more of it.
67%
Very Good -- It's awesome. Can't live without it!
8%
No Comment -- Didn't bother to download it
No votes

Total votes: 12

SM
Registered Member

ATC: PIA & Others (October 29, 2005)

Post by SM »

Deleted.
Last edited by SM on Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bahrain_flyer
Registered Member

Post by Bahrain_flyer »

marvelous job bro keep up the good work!

Buddy is there anyway u can post some from KHI as well wanna listen to some PIA friends on ATC flying Fokkers..

Please post uhave one.

Have a good one :D
Up in the air is where I fly I like 2 soar way up high ;)
Saeed
Registered Member

Post by Saeed »

enjoyed listening to it :D
SM
Registered Member

Post by SM »

Bahrain_flyer wrote:marvelous job bro keep up the good work!

Buddy is there anyway u can post some from KHI as well wanna listen to some PIA friends on ATC flying Fokkers..

Please post uhave one.

Have a good one :D

Thanks for your comments Bahrain_flyer. I would love to post ATC audio for Karachi, but I cannot pickup traffic over Karachi below FL300 -- Which also means that I cannot pickup Fokkers based in Karachi. However, I will post many more (some even from Karachi as well) on my upcoming online aviation project.

SM
SM
SM
Registered Member

Post by SM »

Saeed wrote:enjoyed listening to it :D
Saeed, it's nice to know that you enjoyed listening to it. More of these will be available at my upcoming online aviation project soon.

SM
SM
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

its pretty good but the quality is not as nice....you should get a scanner and record it from there.....some statements are clear but sum are not .... a very nice effort though !
SM
Registered Member

Post by SM »

AirBlue wrote:its pretty good but the quality is not as nice....you should get a scanner and record it from there.....some statements are clear but sum are not .... a very nice effort though !
Thanks for your nice comments. I actually used a scanner to record it. There was some problem with my microphone (since I didn't do a proper direct audio jack-in hookup), but the quality has largely been affected due to my attempts of trying to squeeze the audio into the smallest possible file. The raw audio file was 25MB and this one is only 2.2 MB :).

SM
SM
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

I enjoyed it! Very happy to see you Sajjad at the forum :)
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
SM
Registered Member

Post by SM »

Abbas Ali wrote:I enjoyed it! Very happy to see you Sajjad at the forum :)
Thanks for your nice comments. I have been here all the time, though more as an observer rather than an active contributor. :wink:

SM
SM
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

well if the squeezing is the reason, then its pretty good...one of the person in the audio has his audio perfect while i think the ATC one is a bit problem...wonder why cuz in a scanner all are the same....where are you loacated ? i had a scanner at LHE and KHI wen i was there or vacation and it was pretty fun....it doesnt work in flight :(....but it was fun ... sumtimes the ATC is like so and so go on this frequency as so and so wants to talk to u...n then u hear....Sirrrr kia haal hain..
kamalla
Registered Member

Post by kamalla »

A good effort Sajjadm. It was nice to hear.... although not as clear at times. But keep it up!

Welcome to the HOP forums! :)
Aer Pakistan
Registered Member

Post by Aer Pakistan »

good work keep it up , personnel i think it is atc speaker. otherwise we heard same aircarft here in uk very much better and clear.
Muhammad Ali - London - UK

Always Pakistan First, Pakistan Zindabad
SM
Registered Member

Post by SM »

AirBlue wrote:well if the squeezing is the reason, then its pretty good...one of the person in the audio has his audio perfect while i think the ATC one is a bit problem...wonder why cuz in a scanner all are the same....where are you loacated ? i had a scanner at LHE and KHI wen i was there or vacation and it was pretty fun....it doesnt work in flight :(....but it was fun ... sumtimes the ATC is like so and so go on this frequency as so and so wants to talk to u...n then u hear....Sirrrr kia haal hain..
Multan tower has been experiencing problems with their radio set for the past 4-5 months. Even planes have trouble picking it up sometimes. I do not use a portable scanner.

SM
SM
SM
Registered Member

Post by SM »

Aer Pakistan wrote:good work keep it up , personnel i think it is atc speaker. otherwise we heard same aircarft here in uk very much better and clear.
You are right the problem is with the ATC radio set or microphone. However, I have a question:

Since this pilot is not using an HF set, how did you pick up this aircraft while sitting in the UK? Remember its a 737 that is normally used for domestic routes (and sometimes on a few short international hops). VHF radios cant be heard from more than 700 Kilometers away and that too requires the planes to be very high (> FL350).
SM