Deewan International Airlines

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Bluejeanss
Registered Member

Deewan International Airlines

Post by Bluejeanss »

Hye Guys my name is Sohaib. I am a Big Aviation Fan..This is my first post and Topic hope u like it.This is kind of New for many of Us.

This was Posted On Flight International's Website..It's an Ad for COO for Deewan International Airlines!!

Job Description
Dewan International Airways ("DIA") will be a new private sector airline based in Pakistan. DIA will adopt the low fare, high quality model which has been very successful in Europe, USA and Asia. The business model has been carefully planned and developed over the past two years by the promoters alongside its consultants, Unisys.

Dewan Mushtaq Group (DMG) is one of the biggest and most reputed industrial conglomerates of Pakistan. The group enjoys the confidence of the public, local and foreign capital markets, financial institutions and Government of Pakistan. The Group is involved and excels in various industrial activities i.e. synthetic fiber, automobiles assembly and parts manufacturing, textile, sugar, chemicals, cement and oil exploration. The annual turnover of the Group is between PKR 3,900,000,000-4,200,000,000 ($650-700 million). Most of our companies are listed on the Stock Exchange.

DIA will operate it's first commercial flight in autumn 2006, with a plan to grow to a fleet of eight A320/737 NG aircraft over the period of three years. The route network will include services to the Gulf, Europe, Middle East and Asia.

To help the owners launch the business, DIA is now searching for a dynamic Chief Operating Officer ("COO") who will help the CEO, Mr Dewan Abdullah, establish the business and guide the new airline through the intensive pre-launch implementation phase; airline launch; and through to establishing DIA as a successful, safe, high quality airline.

Here's the LINK:-

http://www.flightinternational.com/Jobs ... ficer.html

---------i hope i will have a nice stay here.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

They should buy off Pashmina design from PIA and use it applying new colours and DIA acronym.
Adnaan786
Registered Member

Post by Adnaan786 »

So they will potentially be Pakistan's first low-cost carrier? Definetly a great idea. I hope they succeed. I'm not too sure about "DIA" though :?.

Does anyone know more about Dewan Mushtaq Group (DMG)?
raza
Registered Member

Post by raza »

NIce to hear that they won't operate the "latest aircrafts like 737-200
BAC1-11 or Yak 42 or DC-9s "
Salam to All .....Raza
B777240ER
Registered Member

Post by B777240ER »

And at least they are not going for old Classic B737's
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

Package US$15,000 / month
lol try catching a Pakistani airline paying that much even to a CEO !!!
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

lol qatar gives like 6 grand themselves :lol:
SalamPaks
Registered Member

Post by SalamPaks »

behramjee wrote:
Package US$15,000 / month
lol try catching a Pakistani airline paying that much even to a CEO !!!
By international standards it really is a pittance. Most masters degreed engineers, IT professionals and Healthcare workers in middle management roles in the U.S. make around that figure. To pull in a COO from a good business school and with relevant experience might cost a little more than $15K plus living and transport a month. Of course, a brilliant Pakistani ex-pat might go for it.
Bluejeanss
Registered Member

Post by Bluejeanss »

Well i read it somewhere that the Deewan Mushtaq Group consists of about 11 companies ...But they dont have any aviation related background.