3 Tonnes of Blankets

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
legalize
Registered Member

3 Tonnes of Blankets

Post by legalize »

we have been collecting for the earthquake victims and have managed to raise a lot of blankets. We are based in Birmingham. We have the NOC but are having problems getting it on a flight from BHX as we have been told that servisair the cargo agents are already storing 15 tonnes of relief aid as they cannot move it. Any ideas on what alternatives we have to get this aid to Pakistan bearing in mind we do not have the transport to move it to london e.t.c
legalize
Registered Member

Post by legalize »

what other paprework would we need to move this?
pkjet
Registered Member

Post by pkjet »

legalise, it is highly commendable what you are doing for the relief efforts.
Here at PIA Manchester we have relief going daily, sometimes 60 big boxes per 747 flight.

anyway, contact the PIA BHX cargo manager who will be happy to assist you. but you must send your items via a registered charity e.g. Islamic Relief, Muslim Hands.

All the best bro,

Imran
You can't be all things to all people...so just be nice !
legalize
Registered Member

Post by legalize »

i have obtained a letter from the pakistani embassy which gives me permission to send this stuff which i now need to get signed by whichever airline is wiling to cargo it. I will have to speak to pia station manager at bhx