Kuwait Airways shut KHI town office

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Kuwait Airways shut KHI town office

Post by CoyBoy »

Unless they have relocated somewhere else, the one at Sheraton has been stripped clean of sign boards and interior furnishings, any one know more?
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

One of the most unambitious airlines I have seen.
Moin Abbasi
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

my mom worked in the KHI KU office at the Sheraton Hotel from June 1971 till January 1994.

I was in that office last summer to say my last good byes to the staff there who have seen me grow up from a toddler...they issue my annual free tkts and always been nice to me.

Unambitious airline KU surely is...they have a larger population than UAE-Qatar-Oman etc and the oil pax but no concrete effort their govt has put into the airline.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Kuwait moved their office to Sheraton in the 80's prior to that it was at Metropole Hotel.

I think an individual with a vision can turn around any airline, some one will eventually coem around to trasnform Saudi and Kuwait along the lines of EK, QR and GF.
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

I had a friend in KGS, Nadir Israr, his mom worked for KU as well in the 80's. Behram, would you know him?
Moin Abbasi
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

no but my mom would surely know his mum if she did indeed work for KU in the 1980s in KHI.