BEQ has PTV's in Y class?

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

BEQ has PTV's in Y class?

Post by CoyBoy »

I know their J class was upgraded to 777 standards, but according to a post in a.net quite a while ago he said the entire aircraft has PTV's, is that right?
Charliedelta11
Registered Member

Post by Charliedelta11 »

nope..i travelled in AP-BEQ this summer...and the ptv's are available only in business class..not in econ plus or economy....but i must say the seats in economy in AP-BEQ and another A310 which too is on lease are far better than the ones in some of the other A310's...
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Whats happening to the rest of the PIA A310 fleet that PIA owns ? Are they also going to get the B777 business seats as well ??
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

What I have heard is that PIA planes to do that but due to losses that is currently postponed... Atleast they can paint them in the new livery!
Adnan
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

I also read that story. Another one was the weight of the Recaro Seats were too much ??
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

PK777 wrote:I also read that story. Another one was the weight of the Recaro Seats were too much ??
Yeah, i think because they weigh alot more than the normal C class seats and as a result more fuel is consumed.
"Now we're going round in circles, tell me will this deja vu never end?"
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

smarties wrote:Yeah, i think because they weigh alot more than the normal C class seats and as a result more fuel is consumed.
So thats the reason for PIA not painting rest of 310 in new livery and installing those Recaro seats?
Adnan
Charliedelta11
Registered Member

Post by Charliedelta11 »

actually..the reason why the new recaro seats were installed only in one A310 was that Airbus objected to PIA's aleration of the interior that had been provided initially by airbus industries...so PIA has to puit a hold on its interior deco plans...