PIA to Start Non-stop Flights for New York Soon - Aviation Minister

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Re: PIA to Start Non-stop Flights for New York Soon - Aviation Minister

Post by Amaad Lone »

With not much traffic to UAE directly, Emirates operates to around a dozen cities in North America and makes a huge amount of money transporting mostly South Asians from US and Canada.

Why is it that PIA cannot make money off New York.

With at least 2 million Pakistanis living in the New York, Maryland, Chicago, Houston and the West Coast why are we not operating 3 daily flights into the US.

20 years ago PIA was operating a daily 747-300 via Shannon to New York.

PIA needs to operate the latest equipment to North America to fill up its planes other wise forget it.

Please do not operate 15 year old 777s to New York and expect any better results than before.

The onboard service being operated by Turkish, Oman, Etihad, Qatar Emirates and now BA will sweep away PIA.

If PIA cannot introduce new A350 or 787-9 to re-launch US flights, than it should not.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
Pakistan-1
Registered Member

Post by Pakistan-1 »

Hong Kong airlines just returned a dozen or so almost new A350-900s to their lessors, let’s see if PIA can get some of those in their fleet
Special Concept Livery to celebrate Pakistan's 70th year of Independence
umar744
Registered Member

Post by umar744 »

Pakistani passport with US visa or US green card that why passengers have no time to apply UK or EU transit visa or sometimes refusal visa because US Govt refused PIA flight non stop from Pak to USA that why less passengers on PIA flight stopover Manchester or Europe. BUT some lease or hire purchase or rental or bank lessor sometimes REFUSE to accept offer aircraft to PIA same other airlines same Thai Airways tried to rent or buy more aircraft because of loss profit or red / black negative no money sorry.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

Hong Kong airlines just returned a dozen or so almost new A350-900s to their lessors, let’s see if PIA can get some of those in their fleet
Hong Kong Airlines has six A350-900s and has stored three of them and still operating three of them.

The leasing company is Aer Cap same company that is leasing PIA the two 777-200ERs.

If PIA can get the three A350-900s it would be great for New York and Toronto.
P.I.A

ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

Total number of Pakistanis in US are around half million living across all over the U.S.

Only station that can most likely fill seats for PIA in USA is New York ONLY. But again, it will be loss making route from day one due to associated cost and most likely poor product being pitched by PIA into heavily competitive and price sensitive market, hence makes no sense to start the flight to JFK.
Fortune favours brave.
fahadshakeel
Registered Member

Post by fahadshakeel »

ammad wrote: Thu Jan 16, 2020 8:31 pm Total number of Pakistanis in US are around half million living across all over the U.S.

Only station that can most likely fill seats for PIA in USA is New York ONLY. But again, it will be loss making route from day one due to associated cost and most likely poor product being pitched by PIA into heavily competitive and price sensitive market, hence makes no sense to start the flight to JFK.
True but more than 50% people fly on US routes on b1/b2 visas as visitors. Also; PIA can collect handsome volume of transit passengers from eastern routes.
Connecting Businesses through Travels
umar744
Registered Member

Post by umar744 »

IF PIA lucky get A359 then PIA pilot need study & training least 3 months before fly A359. Yes Aer Cap special offer 777 to PIA because PIA 777 pilot can fly 777 family 777200,200ER,200LR,300,300ER,777F Cargo no problem for PIA 777 pilot no need training. Why PIA did NOT let PIA pilot fly Sri Lanka A333 leased before? IF PIA A330 pilot can fly A350 family without training except route check instruction only but IF ex-Shaheen pilot A330 then can fly A350 on PIA no problem. I remember last 29 January 2004 10 Boeing pilot teach PIA's 60 pilot training PIA 777 till 30 April 2004. I flew with my friend PIA Captain 777 & Boeing pilot from KHI to LHR. Also I flew with late Capt Asif PIA's new A310 & Airbus pilot from ISB-LHE last 30 June 1991 but PIA pilot off-duty or PIA staff or passenger do NOT allow sit jump seat to see take off & landing on new PIA A310 & PIA 777 except special permission from DFO only one 1 jump seat. I got special permission from DFO & Airbus/Boeing pilot approved me to sat jump seat cockpit saw took off & landed on my airline staff ID ticket non-revenue only good lucky.
Pakistan-1
Registered Member

Post by Pakistan-1 »

I’d assume it would be the A320 crews who would transition to an A350 if PIA ever got those. It’s a 7 day course to go from the 320 to the 330 if I’m not wrong and 8 hours to go from an A330 to A350
Special Concept Livery to celebrate Pakistan's 70th year of Independence
baberblues
Registered Member

Post by baberblues »

What PIA needs to do is to go DAILY to TORONTO and then CODESHARE with PARTNER AIRLINES like DELTA,AMERICAN,UNITED,AIRCANADA,WESTJET etc etc at TORONTO, so that passengers can clear US CUSTOMS at TORONTO and board onward flights.
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

Going daily to Toronto or even six weekly will work out. But not sure how the revise bilateral agreement b/w Pakistan and Canada looks like?
Fortune favours brave.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Pakistan and USA are trying to formulate a workable, stable method of verifying passports and other related documents of people travelling from Pakistan to the United States. The matter was discussed during meeting between Pakistan Interior Minister Brigadier (Retired) Ijaz Ahmad Shah and visiting US Diplomat Alice Wells today.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
ba260
Registered Member

Post by ba260 »

PIA needs to establish great on board service, great entertainment, have a nice interior, needs to establish a competitive business class product, professionalism upon staff, and efficient aircraft like a 787 or A350 to USA. Would be nice if PIA accepted American Express as well.

Would love to see PIA expand more then just a P2P airline, but also connecting traffic beyond Pakistan.
AC Flown: 717, 737, 747, 757, 767, 777, 787, A220, A319, A320, A321, A321, A330, A350, A380, CRJ200, CRJ500, CRJ700, CRJ900, Cessna 172, E145, E170, E175, E190, MD-11, and MD-80.

EA, PA, AF, NZ, AA, BA, CO, DL, EK, EY, LA, LH, NW, PK, QF, QR, SV, TK, UA, US, & VA.
umar744
Registered Member

Post by umar744 »

TAP Air Portugal Airbus A339neo fly 14 hours from Lisbon to San Francisco nonstop no problem also I flew TAP A339neo and I met Captain said that A339 can fly up to 16 hours maximum take off weight 251000kg up to PIA try fly A339neo nonstop from Pakistan to JFK New York.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

TAP Air Portugal Airbus A339neo fly 14 hours from Lisbon to San Francisco nonstop
I think that route is around 11 to 11.5 hours max.
P.I.A

ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

Fortune favours brave.