PIA to Start Non-stop Flights for New York Soon - Aviation Minister

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
faisal-777
Registered Member

Re: PIA to Start Non-stop Flights for New York Soon - Aviation Minister

Post by faisal-777 »

Amaad Lone wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:02 am The question is not what aircraft can fly for 14 hours to New York but what are we offering the 300 souls on board.

Can you sit in a plane for 14 hours staring at the ceiling.
If the fare is competitive, seats have good pitch, food is good, lot of people wont mind a 14 hour journey without any IFE whatsoever.
Once you have tasted flight, you will ever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward - Leonardo Da Vinci
amjid84
Registered Member

Post by amjid84 »

faisal-777 wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:36 pm
Amaad Lone wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:02 am The question is not what aircraft can fly for 14 hours to New York but what are we offering the 300 souls on board.

If the fare is competitive, seats have good pitch, food is good, lot of people wont mind a 14 hour journey without any IFE whatsoever.
I have to disagree! It can get quite boring sitting on a plane without IFE for more than 3-4 hours, let alone 13+hrs. If there is no IFE, there should at least than be WiFi so that one can use their own devise. I refuse to fly longer than 2.5hrs without IFE. Case in Point: back in 2011, TG were flying their out-dated A330 aircraft to Pakistan, and there was no IFE, this made the 4.5hr flight very boring. Thankfully all their aircraft now have IFE (its no where near as good as EK or QF, but still better than nothing). If PK really want to fly to JFK - they need to bite the bullet - upgrade their IFE, then they will be competitive. My brother-in-law recently flew YYZ-LHE (vv) and he said it was sooo boring.
fahadshakeel
Registered Member

Post by fahadshakeel »

One will select PIA when no choice left or emergency. I travel on long-hauls every alternate month or beyond so my first pref is quality IFE & Content. I don't know if PIA's Entertainment is working or getting filled with proper content. Is there any online guide to see what collection they got?
Connecting Businesses through Travels
pk757
Registered Member

Post by pk757 »

fahadshakeel wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 11:14 am

One will select PIA when no choice left or emergency. I travel on long-hauls every alternate month or beyond so my first pref is quality IFE & Content. I don't know if PIA's Entertainment is working or getting filled with proper content. Is there any online guide to see what collection they got?
Not switched on. Except AIRSHOW /SAFETY DEMO AND BGM (DURING BOARDINGVAND DEPLANING)
Ammar
Registered Member

Post by Ammar »

A genuine question, why don't PIA switch on IFE? Does it just not work or do they intentionally keep it off?
"A mile of highway will take you a mile. A mile of runway will take you anywhere."
Adnan Anwar
Registered Member

Post by Adnan Anwar »

Why PIA cannot utilize its 777-300ER for North American flights instead of 777-200LR
Adnan Anwar
Adnan Anwar
Registered Member

Post by Adnan Anwar »

Ceiling dripping with water is a common problem on PIA 777 200LR
Adnan Anwar
pk757
Registered Member

Post by pk757 »

Adnan Anwar wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 1:10 am Why PIA cannot utilize its 777-300ER for North American flights instead of 777-200LR
following reasons:
Systems malfunction zone wise.
And shortage of headsets
Content is also not updated.
The only offering is the LIVE MAP and boarding music
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Today, the subcommittee of Senate Standing Committee on Aviation was informed that PIA Is planning to start flights for USA.

Presently, PIA has twelve Boeing 777 aircraft and after induction of two more aircraft flights for the United States will be started, the subcommittee was informed.

Probably PIA to start flights for New York with a new leased aircraft like Boeing 787 or Airbus A350?

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

In current situation it is not a good idea to start JFK flight as it will always be a loss making route for PIA.
Fortune favours brave.
fahadshakeel
Registered Member

Post by fahadshakeel »

If existing 777s then me or more like me are surely not going to fly to US. The only survival for this route would depend on improved products and IFE (with quality content).
In my community a lot of people have given up travelling through PIA just because of no IFE & significant delays. If PIA makes investment on 787s or a350 is surely gonna pay back even a daily flight with convenient codeshare connections from JFK onwards, otherwise half of the plane will be vacant and they will have to revert the schedule as they did for Sialkot - Paris in one year.

It’s time to depute 777s on Saudi routes instead of investing on it for US, CA or EU sectors. Infact Ammad Lone gave an excellent comment in another thread today to get n deploy a321neos for europe and get 787s for US / UK.

Years ago I used PIA for London and 30% plane was vacant even then crew apologized that they got out of blankets, i had to change my seat for reclining issue, IFEs were partially working but not good content. Only meal was excellent but return was 4hours late.
Last edited by fahadshakeel on Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
umar744
Registered Member

Post by umar744 »

hello last week other airlines got me business class when Economy class full then they informed me that one business class recline machine not working and IFE not working. I was good patient sat business class for 9 hours but good lovely meal nice food but they cannot order halal or kosher or vegetarian meal for me but they showed me to choice 1. beef steak or 2. lamb or chicken then I have to choice chicken and my word "bismillah" before ate chicken without Halal there better nothing. Thank them for helped me sat seat and good meal. I enjoyed watched window and read book and use my iPhone and slept 2 hours no flat no back.
fahadshakeel
Registered Member

Post by fahadshakeel »

umar744 wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:33 pm hello last week other airlines got me business class when Economy class full then they informed me that one business class recline machine not working and IFE not working. I was good patient sat business class for 9 hours but good lovely meal nice food but they cannot order halal or kosher or vegetarian meal for me but they showed me to choice 1. beef steak or 2. lamb or chicken then I have to choice chicken and my word "bismillah" before ate chicken without Halal there better nothing. Thank them for helped me sat seat and good meal. I enjoyed watched window and read book and use my iPhone and slept 2 hours no flat no back.
Boss, don't want to go beyond aviation talk but my 2 cents: if ALLAH SWT has declared Beef, Lamb and Chicken as Halal then still we wait for a human to butcher it with Takbeer. Is that enough to heard Takbeer from butcher's tongue but keeping filth in mind & soul?
I am happy that you even preferred saying Bismillah or Takbeer before eating it instead of relying on the butcher's Takbeer. As far as Zabeeha is concerned most of the slaughtering companies follow Zabeeha practices & drain blood in appropriate way, so that's hygienic.

I can see you are still happy after sitting 9hours without recline & IFE. I will definitely refuse it unless it's very urgent to travel.
umar744
Registered Member

Post by umar744 »

Hello Salam again my ticket staff standby subject to load available seat some other airlines allow upgrade to business class or Premier Economy class when Economy class full but unfortunately other airlines don't order special meal e.g halal, kosher, vegetarian, etc for standby staff ticket except only confirm bookable ticket.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

PIA planning to start non-stop flights to New York by April 2020 with Boeing 777-200LR.

https://arynews.tv/en/pia-pakistan-us-direct-flights/

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at: