Shaheen International to USA?

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
smarties
Deactivated

Shaheen International to USA?

Post by smarties »

Is it true that SAI have has been granted permission to fly to the US 3 times a week?
"Now we're going round in circles, tell me will this deja vu never end?"
B777240ER
Registered Member

Post by B777240ER »

Yes.

It is in the article posted here: viewtopic.php?t=2934

It also adds SAI and AeroAsia don't have plans to aquire wide-body aircraft.
raza
Registered Member

Post by raza »

Aero Asia has a Boeing 767
Salam to All .....Raza
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

Thats true, Aero Asia does have 767 but what about SAI? How will they commence flights to USA? By there 737? :shock:
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Where may I ask is this elusive 767 that has never put in an appearance? Is there a pic of it anywhere? Seems more like a phantom a/c to me.
Moin Abbasi
basit_s
Registered Member

Post by basit_s »

Shaheen Intl was bought by a Canadian firm (owned by a Pakistani), and they said they have plans to fly Shaheen to Canada (Toronto maybe).
az inja boro. nemikham bebinamet dige toro.
Bahrain_flyer
Registered Member

Post by Bahrain_flyer »

any one has a pic of the Aero Asia 767? Please post it here

thanks...
Up in the air is where I fly I like 2 soar way up high ;)
ord
Registered Member

Post by ord »

basit_s wrote:Shaheen Intl was bought by a Canadian firm (owned by a Pakistani), and they said they have plans to fly Shaheen to Canada (Toronto maybe).
Present Pak-Canada Bilateral does not even allow PIA to increase the YYZ frequency to 3x weekly 772s, let alone allow other entrants, except for a Canada based carrier. The is a limit on the number of seats that can be sold by a carrier of either country, I want to say its 800? per week. I think PIA is keen to fly to YYZ 3x weekly, but it is being held up due to this issue.

To make a long story short, Shaheen cannot fly PAK-Canada sector, until and unless there is a revision of this agreement.
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

If I'm not mistaken, isn't SAI the only pvt airline that has been allowed to fly to North America? Thats quite enigmatic, seeing that it doesn't appear to be an airline with much ambition and the only good thing going for them at this point is their livery which I love.
Moin Abbasi
Kashif
Registered Member

Post by Kashif »

Airblue would also be granted if they asked for it. We have an open skies agreement with the USA.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Shaheen Air intends to start operations to UK, US

KARACHI: Shaheen Air International (SAI) intends to start operations for the UK and the US from this winter, Farooq Nasir, Manager Public Relations Shaheen Air said in a press statement on Thursday.

The airline has finalized market research and feasibility studies for route expansion and intends to operate to the US and the UK by this winter. The aircraft deal is expected to be finalized within next two months, he added.

Shaheen has been allowed to fly to the US and the UK as a result of recent amendments to the aviation policy.

Farooq further said that Shaheen Air was the only private carrier, which was allowed to fly to the US, with three weekly flights, besides other international routes like the UK, which were also given to other private airlines.

Six more weekly frequencies to Kuwait were also allocated to Shaheen where at present no other private Pakistani airline operates.

Permission to extend thirteen additional frequencies in UAE, nine to Oman and one to Qatar has also been granted. "We are also expecting to get the permission to operate seven flights per week to India, three to Canada, six to Saudi Arabia, four to Cyprus and two weekly flights each to Malaysia, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Bangladesh and Afghanistan, subsequent to expansion of bilateral framework with other countries" he added.

Source: The News
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

which a/c's r they using B737-205/Adv ? :P
smarties
Deactivated

Post by smarties »

Fabulous! i'm glad as PIA will really have to really increase their standards.

Aeroasia have also said that they will start 10 flights a week to the UK, with the latest airbus and boeing aircrafts, Manchester, London, and Birmingham. They also have permission to fly to Singapore and Scandinavia.

So we soon will have a choice of four Pakistani airlines to fly with.
"Now we're going round in circles, tell me will this deja vu never end?"
ord
Registered Member

Post by ord »

smarties wrote:Fabulous! i'm glad as PIA will really have to really increase their standards.
Umh, with all of PIA's problems, it is miles ahead of Shaheen or Aero Asia, in terms of inflight product, organizational skills, etc. At the present time, AirBlue is the only Pakistan based carrier that could successfully compete for traffic with PIA, without cutting yields, by providing dirt cheap fares.

Now, Aero Asia does actually have a decent meal service, but in areas like fleet management, planning, etc., they need a major change in strategy, if they are going to be able to compete with PIA or even ED.