Large home brewing EDF Concorde flying model in making...

Forum for sharing info and photos related to aircraft models from around the world.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Re: Large home brewing EDF Concorde flying model in making..

Post by ConnieMan »

Here i'm adding couple of real Concorde nose section pictures, now you all can compare my work above on my model with the real bird in terms of profile/shape accuracy of the whole nose section.

Nose drooped to 5 degrees before take off.

Nose drooped in landing position at 12.50 degrees!

Nose and visor fully up in "Supersonic" mode or parked mode.
Last edited by ConnieMan on Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Here are couple of pictures of Concorde's tail sections, note the fuselage depression at the base mount of the fin, well i tried to capture this depression on my model's tail section also. Most RC Concorde models i have seen doesn't have correct profiles of nose and tail sections for some really weird reason. My goal is to capture authenticity as accurately as possible and replicate it on my model. Another feature that i'm implementing on my model is use of actual airfoils of the wing!, there are reasons why Concorde's wing is so complex and have totally different airfoils then any other aircraft out there and due to huge size of my model, it is wise able to replicate it correctly so model will fly accurately.

ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Guys i'm happy to say that yesterday was great relief day in our families lives, my father was transferred from Cardiac unit to "Slow stream rehab" unit. He is in great spirits and showing all signs of getting back on his feet!. Honestly i haven't slept for last 3 nights, not even for 1 minute but tonight i'm so relaxed that i'd say 50% of my tensions and stresses are gone.
This is all because of every bodies dua's and prayer for my father....pls keep praying as this 2nd phase is a long shot and it will take minimum of 2 months of physio to get my father walking on his own again..

Since all this was going on, a very good friend helping me out with Concorde project, he is presently designing wings of my Concorde in 3D Cad program.

ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Few might have wondered what happened and why i haven't posted any updates of this project.

In short: My father is very very ill and Drs have said, it's matter of time before he passes on!, there is not much they can do anymore as they have done there ultimate best to bring him back but he has not been recovering. It's been viscous roller coaster ride with him and he can't get himself out of it. I took leave of absence from work and have been doing my ultimate best as his care giver 24/7 for last month in half in the hospital. It's not easy to be in hospital like this but i have to do what i have in order to comfort him in his last day/week or maybe months we don't know. In between this i also got married last Sunday and my wife and her family are very understanding and supporting relating to my father's deteriorating health condition. Main reason i got married now, was to give him all i can in terms of happiness and get his blessings.

Soon as things settle, i will get back on building this Concorde, don't worry this and S Connie will IA be flying sometime in this year, that's my promise to myself but again family comes first then anything else.....
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

In about 1-2 weeks time frame, work on building this model will re-start by making the scale wings of for this model. I just bought four Freewing 7 blade 90mm EDFs with 1750KV motors, i already have 4 HK SS series ESC's on me, so all i'm left from propulsion point of view are the lipo batteries. I will get during the process of the build.
I have also ordered 50 sheets of 3/32" x 4 x 36" balsa wood, i will make wings from wood instead of depron foam as i planned initially due to fact that grain of the wood will help with torsion and compression of the wings during flights.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

raihans wrote:Sameer, May Allah bless your father and brother with good health (Ameen)

And thanks for updating on the project. The model seems awesome even it is not ready yet :thumbs_up:

What is the reason for changing the model scale from 1:14 to 1:12?
Really sorry for very late reply Raihans

Alhumdullilah my father is doing a lot better now then before, finally about month and half ago, i was introduced to a natural supplement called Bioslife Slim produced by Unicity International through a family friend. I have been giving this to my father for 1 month and 3 weeks now and his diabetes/blood sugar is finally come under control for last 3 weeks. Before this it was rapidly fluctuating between high 19s - 27, now it's in normal range of 5.5-7 on average. I started him with 3 times a day, now it's reduced to twice a day and his insulin have been dramatically reduced from 54 units 3 times a day to 10 units twice a day with in these last 7 weeks!!!......Alhumdulliah Slim has remarkably worked for him.

As for model, yes it was technical reason due to which scale had to be increased. Thickness of the wing where landing gears would have mounted and then retracted into the wings wasn't thick enough to get commercially available retracts and struts, so to accommodate in-store available retracts from Robart and the struts i had to increase the scale of the model, this also meant the power system was upgraded
also from 70mm EDFs to 90mm EDFs due to bigger size and more weight of the model.
raihans
Registered Member

Post by raihans »

thank you Sameer for the update and good to know about your father's health progress, May Allah bless him with good health (Ameen).

Please pray for my father as i just lost him by end of Jan; it was just a week ahead to meet him at Lahore as my vacation was due but Allah's WILL was to not meet him in this life, i wish Allah give him good place in Jannah (Ameen)
Raihan SR Bakhsh

flickr.com/photos/raihanshahzad
EY-B77W, A345, A320, A319, EK-B773, B77W, A388, FZ-B738, GF-L1011, B732, A332, A320, A319, KU-A343, AB6, A310, A320, NL-A320, PK-B707/720, B733, B772, B77L, AB4, A310, A320, QR-A320, A321, A333, A359, A35X, B77W, B788, WY-B738, B739, A333
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

raihans wrote:thank you Sameer for the update and good to know about your father's health progress, May Allah bless him with good health (Ameen).

Please pray for my father as i just lost him by end of Jan; it was just a week ahead to meet him at Lahore as my vacation was due but Allah's WILL was to not meet him in this life, i wish Allah give him good place in Jannah (Ameen)
Really sorry to hear this bad news, may Allah grant him peace and place his sole in Jannath ul fairdos, Ameen, may Allah SWT give you and ur family sabar e jameel and strength to bare this great loss, it's never easy to lose someone that you love so much specially if it's ur parents. Last year 3 times were told by doctors, get ready and be prepared as we will lose our father, but he is still with us.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Here is youtube link to my test run video of Freewing 90mm edf with 1750Kv motor that will eventually power the Concorde model but these 4 will be test flown in my Mirage one by one also. Mirage will be my trainer jet for the Concorde..

raihans
Registered Member

Post by raihans »

thank you Sameer, its pretty hard to coup with such tragic moments in the life when one loose some loveone; beside this Allah give the Sabr & Istiqamat as the time passes.

Anyhow, the video you have shared is showing an excellent work :thumbs_up:
Raihan SR Bakhsh

flickr.com/photos/raihanshahzad
EY-B77W, A345, A320, A319, EK-B773, B77W, A388, FZ-B738, GF-L1011, B732, A332, A320, A319, KU-A343, AB6, A310, A320, NL-A320, PK-B707/720, B733, B772, B77L, AB4, A310, A320, QR-A320, A321, A333, A359, A35X, B77W, B788, WY-B738, B739, A333
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

If any of you guys interested in seeing progress of the this Concorde model, then click on this link:

http://www.rcpak.com/index.php/forum/26 ... d-concorde

Thanks..