PAF F-6 (# 1610) at China Chowk, Lahore

Share photos of PIA, Pakistani airlines, Pakistani airports and photos related to civil & military aviation of Pakistan.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

PAF F-6 (# 1610) at China Chowk, Lahore

Post by Abbas Ali »

Retired Shenyang F-6 (serial# 1610) of Pakistan Air Force (PAF) sporting No. 23 Squadron 'Talons' emblem on fin on display at China Chowk, Lahore, photographed on August 23, 2010. The No. 23 Squadron was the last squadron in PAF to fly F-6 as combat aircraft. The photo shows nice combination of a retired warbird and feral pigeons (also known as city doves/pigeons) - Photo Source: www.aajkal.com.pk
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: PAF F-6 (# 1610) at China Chowk, Lahore

Post by Abbas Ali »

Received this photo via friend's email. Actual photographer name and photo date not known.

Apparently someone is using engine intake and wings of this F-6 for drying clothes :oops:

Abbas

See you at:
kamalla
Registered Member

Post by kamalla »

I assume the person walking next to the aircraft is the one drying their clothes??

Btw, is this the aircraft near the Library, just off Mall Road in Lahore? Sorry, I can't recall if the Library is called Jinnah Library or Quaid-e-Azam Library....
mhansari
Registered Member

Post by mhansari »

Wow... thats a lot of red clothes... and the female is wearing yet more red clothes!
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

kamalla wrote: Btw, is this the aircraft near the Library, just off Mall Road in Lahore? Sorry, I can't recall if the Library is called Jinnah Library or Quaid-e-Azam Library....
No, it's not. This F-6 (serial# 1610) is on display at China Chowk as a symbol of Sino-Pak friendship because F-6 was manufactured in China.

The aircraft acting as gate guard for Jinnah Hall on Shahrah-e-Quaid-e-Azam (The Mall) is PAF F-86E Sabre (serial# 1728). It's a Canadian-built Canadair CL-13B Sabre Mk 6 which was designated as F-86E Sabre in PAF.

Here's few years old photo of PAF F-86E Sabre (serial# 1728).
Canadair CL-13B Sabre Mk 6 (serial# 1728) designated as F-86E Sabre in PAF placed as gate guard for Jinnah Hall on Shahrah-e-Quaid-e-Azam in Lahore.

Abbas

See you at:
kamalla
Registered Member

Post by kamalla »

Sorry Abbas Bhai, I think my description of the location was somewhat poor. I looked up the location I was thinking of on google maps, and that is actually where China Chowk is located.

According to Google maps, China Chowk is located at the intersection of Lawrence Rd & Aiwan-e-Sanat o Tijarat Rd, which is the road that runs off Mall Road and runs next to Bagh-e-Jinnah (where Quaid-e-Azam library is located). That's the location I was thinking of :)
nd
Registered Member

Post by nd »

F-86E IS LOCATED ON HERE

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

F-6 LOCATED HERE

Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Latest photo of Pakistan Air Force Shenyang F-6 (serial# 1610) on display at China Chowk in Lahore.

Source: The Nation (November 23, 2010 edition)

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

By the way, not very far from China Chowk F-6 (# 1610) is PAF FT-6 (serial# 10118) on display at Children Library Complex in Lahore.

FT-6 (FT = Fighter Trainer) is two-seater trainer version of single-seater F-6.

Here's year 2008 photo of FT-6 (serial# 10118) at Children Library Complex in Lahore. Photo taken when the aircraft was newly installed at the complex.

Location of the FT-6 (serial# 10118) can be viewed in satellite image >>here<<.

Abbas

See you at:
nd
Registered Member

Post by nd »

FT-6 AT CHILDERN COMPLEX LAHORE
SATELITE LOCATION
nd
Registered Member

Post by nd »

F-86F (Tail.No. 51-13407) preserved as gate-guardian at PAF Base Lahore.
SATELITE VIEW
nd
Registered Member

Post by nd »

F-86F AT FORTRESS STADIUM LAHORE
SATLIETE VIEW
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

ND, you have pretty impressive collection of Pakistani military aircraft photos.

Btw, the Sabre on display at Fortress Stadium is an F-86E Sabre (Canadair Sabre Mk6) as far as I know. Unfortunately someone painted out its serial number. Some old photos of this aircraft taken before late 1990s should reveal its serial number. The serial number was painted out in late 1990s. I hope relevant officials try to find this aircraft's serial number and repaint it on the aircraft.

There's also a light observation aircraft in Pakistan Army Aviation markings acting as gate guard within premises of a military facility located roughly opposite to old Lahore Airport terminal building car parking area.

I saw it there some six or seven years ago, the single prop light observation aircraft was in excellent condition I remember, I think it was Cessna L-19/O-1 Bird Dog, don't remember that clearly.

It was just inside the premises next to entry gate, the surroundings were very green, lush green grass and shady trees and because the small aircraft itself also was or still could be (if it's still there) in dark green/black colour scheme of Pakistan Army aviation so it's difficult to show it through satellite image.

Another such light single prop aircraft but without wings on display outside a house in a street of Lahore Cantonment was seen by myself not very far from PAF Base Lahore entry gate.

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

April 2, 2011 photo of retired F-6 (# 1610) of PAF on display at China Chowk, Lahore.

Source: www.express.com.pk

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

April 4, 2011 photo of retired F-6 (# 1610) of PAF on display at China Chowk, Lahore, being cleaned by employees of Parks and Horticultural Authority (PHA) - www.phalahore.com.pk.

Source: The Nation (April 5 edition)

Abbas

See you at: