PIA's Worldliner

Share info and photos of all kinds of aircraft models related to PIA and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
PK777
Registered Member

PIA's Worldliner

Post by PK777 »

delete.
Last edited by PK777 on Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Re: PIA's Worldliner

Post by ConnieMan »

Nice pics TJ but how can people see it's the "World Liner B77LR," is there any decals or making on this model that makes it differ form rest of PIA B77LR, B77W DW models out there.....
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

ConnieMan wrote:Nice pics TJ but how can people see it's the "World Liner B77LR," is there any decals or making on this model that makes it differ form rest of PIA B77LR, B77W DW models out there.....
Thanks Sameer. I guess Boeing needed another trademark?

I dont understand what you mean about the decals? You want to change it for another livery?
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

TJ sorry for the confusion, what i'm trying to say is are there any decals on this model to replicate it as "WorldLiner" Vs regular B77LR model. From what i understand the term "Worldliner" was given to this particular B77LR was due to it's round the globe non-stop flight prior to being delivered to PIA that is if i'm not mistaking, therefore there has to some sort of special marking on this model to replicate it's authenticity as it's on real aircraft.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Name 'Worldliner' is given by Boeing Company to Boeing 777-200LR aircraft and the first two Boeing 777-200LR Worldliner aircraft built by Boeing Company are in PIA fleet (registrations AP-BGY and AP-BGZ).

The Boeing 777-200LR that made world record flight is currently flying with PIA as AP-BGZ and world record flight details sticker was applied on AP-BGZ near cabin door.

Other operators of Boeing 777-200LR Worldliner include Air Canada, Air India, Delta Air Lines, Emirates and Qatar Airways.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Well Abbas beat me to it! lol Hope that answered your question?
Abbas Ali wrote:
The Boeing 777-200LR that made world record flight is currently flying with PIA as AP-BGZ and world record flight details sticker was applied on AP-BGZ near cabin door.
I have noticed that this particular model lacks the sticker! Which is kinda disapointing considering it was/is a world record holder! Not sure if this model went into production before the world record was accomplished?

Anyway it a great model. It is one of Dragon Wings most accurate Boeing 777-200 out there! 8)
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

PK777 wrote:Well Abbas beat me to it! lol Hope that answered your question?
Abbas Ali wrote:
I have noticed that this particular model lacks the sticker! Which is kinda disapointing considering it was/is a world record holder! Not sure if this model went into production before the world record was accomplished?

Anyway it a great model. It is one of Dragon Wings most accurate Boeing 777-200 out there! 8)
Actually both replies fully answered my question, i didn't knew there were 2 B77LRS that went on around the world flights and both r in PIA's fleet!, now isn't that something great to be proud of...:)

I'm sure if in next 30-35 years from now if PIA still have these 2 aircrafts they will be worth preserving then ;).....
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

ConnieMan wrote:
PK777 wrote:Well Abbas beat me to it! lol Hope that answered your question?
Abbas Ali wrote:

Actually both replies fully answered my question, i didn't knew there were 2 B77LRS that went on around the world flights and both r in PIA's fleet!, now isn't that something great to be proud of...:)

I'm sure if in next 30-35 years from now if PIA still have these 2 aircrafts they will be worth preserving then ;).....
Offtopic: They need to preserve AP-BAT/ BAK!!!!! Forget the B772LR atm! lol Those are true aircrafts that PIA needs to store or place in a planetarium!
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

AP-BGZ has the world record sticker as that particular aircraft broke the world record. AP-BGY has not got no world record sticker on it.
My Aircraft Model Photos: www.flickr.com/haq747
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

The pictures posted in this topic show model of AP-BGY and AP-BGY was not used for world record breaking flight during aircraft's pre-delivery test/promotional flights with Boeing Company.

The world record flight was made by Boeing 777-200LR currently in service with PIA as AP-BGZ and that's why world record flight sticker is sported by AP-BGZ only.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

^ Ah! Indeed your right. Woops my bad. :oops: No idea why I thought AP-BGY was the actual aircraft. :?: