A visit to the PIA Head Office

Share info and photos of all kinds of aircraft models related to PIA and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Moin
Registered Member

A visit to the PIA Head Office

Post by Moin »

Had to pay a sudden visit to the PIA head office today and this is what hits me as I entered the building. What a sight for sore eyes. 1:25 scale made by Westway Models, gifted to PIA by Boeing:
Moin Abbasi
3hs4n1
Registered Member

Re: A visit to the PIA Head Office

Post by 3hs4n1 »

I'm not really that into models except the ones that are rare and great , but that shiny PIA 777 is fantastic! Is that special made for PIA or is it just regular one?
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Another PIA aircraft model with incorrect flag direction on starboard side.

Here's how it is on the real PIA Boeing 777-340ER (AP-BHV).

Click here to see large photo.
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Abbas Ali wrote:Another PIA aircraft model with incorrect flag direction on starboard side.

Here's how it is on the real PIA Boeing 777-340ER (AP-BHV).

Click here to see large photo.
It's just not the direction of the flag but also the shade of "Green" is way too light. Aircraft registration number is missing too!!

Overall it's one hell of a beautiful custom made model by one of the superior model making companies like Pacmin Models or Atlantic Models...It must be close to 1/25th scale....
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Its made in the UK by Westway Models.
Moin Abbasi
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Moin wrote:Its made in the UK by Westway Models.
Either way you look at it, it's one Majestic model to have, i bet many can only dream to have something like this in there private collections..

I see you picked up 1/200 Cathy Pacific B77Ws model in that box there....Nice!
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Yes I took that there to show to someone.
Moin Abbasi
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

You lucky boy! lol

I notice a model box on the floor in the first pic? Who was that for?
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Everyone seems to be focusing more on that model box in the first pic than the true subject. That is my own CX 773ER model I took with me to show to someone there who requested to see it. Simple as that.
Moin Abbasi
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

Great Photos and great model! I was really close to getting one of the samples of this model from Paul (Late) who offered it to me for £5000. Sorry but abit too much for me.

Anyhow scale 1/100 shall do me for now.
My Aircraft Model Photos: www.flickr.com/haq747
Nadir Ali
Registered Member

Post by Nadir Ali »

Very nice find =D>

Is that turboprop an ATR 42-700? That looks more suitable for PIA compared to that 500s they have today.
But I still think the Dash-8 Q400s would be much better suited over both of them.

And about the 340ER model based on AP-BHV, I believe skymarks also produced sample models of BHV for PIA executives. I remember seeing a model of AP-BHV at Hassan Jaffery's office. It definately looked like Skymarks. It was 1:200 scale with landing gear registration and Pak flag on it and if I'm not mistaken it also had rotating turbo fans.

The other 2 PIA 777 models he has are already in production the 777-200ER with the 2 tails and the other with the Pak flag with AP-BGY as it's registration #

Next time I'm in his office I'll take a few shots.

Thanks again for sharing Moin this is a Gr8 find.
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

I spoke to Risesoon (who produce models for Skymarks) about the PIA 773ER models and they said that PIA contacted them for a quote but never placed an order and no samples were ever made. At least that's what they told me. The 772 with the 2 tails and flag tail are old releases.

As for 1:200 PIA models, there may be something exciting in the pipeline soon.
Moin Abbasi
Nadir Ali
Registered Member

Post by Nadir Ali »

Moin wrote:I spoke to Risesoon (who produce models for Skymarks) about the PIA 773ER models and they said that PIA contacted them for a quote but never placed an order and no samples were ever made. At least that's what they told me. The 772 with the 2 tails and flag tail are old releases.

As for 1:200 PIA models, there may be something exciting in the pipeline soon.
Well perhaps it could have been hogan then since their models are highly detailed. Mr Jaffery's model even had the "Thar colours of the desert" text on the side.

Could have been hogan trying to get PIA liscences to produce models. But the 340ER model is there, no matter who made it.

I really hope to see new 1:200 PIA models of 737s, A300, A310s. Hogan would be my best choice.
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Hogan hasn't done a 773ER for PIA either. I'd love to see pics of this model you're talking about, but either way, your wish may come true pretty soon. That is all I can say at this time.
Moin Abbasi
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Moin wrote:Hogan hasn't done a 773ER for PIA either. I'd love to see pics of this model you're talking about, but either way, your wish may come true pretty soon. That is all I can say at this time.
I knew you were up to something! Looks like your going to be the voice of PIA marketing! lol Hope we see many more PIA models. Loads to do.. 80s, 90s, c/s! 8)