Buying models

Share info and photos of all kinds of aircraft models related to PIA and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
nabeel46
Registered Member

Buying models

Post by nabeel46 »

My mom's in Pakistan right now, in Islamabad. She was asking what I wanted back, anyone know a good shop to buy the PIA models? How much are they about?
Nabeel Shahzad
Developer of phpVMS - Virtual Airline Management Software
FSACARS and FSPassengers support, Financials
Moin
Registered Member

Re: Buying models

Post by Moin »

No PIA models are available anywhere in Pakistan unfortunately. Are you in the US? You'll have alot better luck there. PIA models are available in 1:500, 1:400 and 1:200 scale by Herpa, Dragon Wings, Phoenix, Gemini Jets, Skymarks and Inflight200. Check out ebay and other retailers such as www.jetwaymodels.com where you'll find PIA models in different scales.

There should also be some good news in the near future regarding PIA models so stay tuned.
Moin Abbasi
nabeel46
Registered Member

Post by nabeel46 »

Yeah, I'm in the US. I figured maybe some museum over there or something might have them. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out
Nabeel Shahzad
Developer of phpVMS - Virtual Airline Management Software
FSACARS and FSPassengers support, Financials
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Yes visit the Jetway Models site and click on Skymarks for 1:200, Gemini or Dragon Wings for 1:400 and you scroll down the list till you see PIA.
Moin Abbasi
Nadir Ali
Registered Member

Post by Nadir Ali »

nabeel46 wrote:Yeah, I'm in the US. I figured maybe some museum over there or something might have them. Thanks for the link, I'll check it out
Just order them online. Get an account at a retail store by going to their website and then order online through credit card OR if your mother is flying by PIA, she can buy 1:500 scale models on the in flight duty free sale. They include 747 & 777-340ER.

The last time I saw them on sale on the Toronto-Karachi flights they were for $10 American each.
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Nadir those models are made by Schabak aka S***bak and absolutely horrible. He's better off buying them online from some retailer in the scale of his choice.
Moin Abbasi
Nadir Ali
Registered Member

Post by Nadir Ali »

Moin wrote:Nadir those models are made by Schabak aka S***bak and absolutely horrible. He's better off buying them online from some retailer in the scale of his choice.
Are you sure? I don't think Schabak makes the 300ER or 747-300 Combi. And I doubt Schabak makes 1:500 scale.

I think those models sold in PIA's duty free are made by Herpa. If they are for $10 each, he can save shipping/handling costs and taxes.

But since it's the Christmas season, he has more choices at the retail stores with discounts.
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Nope they're Schabak models and absolutely horrible. He's best off buying online from some retailer.
Moin Abbasi
Nadir Ali
Registered Member

Post by Nadir Ali »

Moin wrote:Nope they're Schabak models and absolutely horrible. He's best off buying online from some retailer.

Actually they're Herpa. The planes available on the PIA inflight duty free when I flew Karachi to Toronto were B777-340ER & B747 (can't remember which variant)

Here is the link: http://www.wings900.com/vb/model-news-r ... 340er.html

Schabak to my knowledge only produces 777-200ER models of PIA, not the 300ER.

But either way I wouldn't buy 1:500 scale they're just too small for my preference. 1:400 is the smallest I would get.

Here is the 1:600 schabak version: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BOEING-777-24ER-P ... 10001r8129