Pilot Jobs - Have you suffered discrimination?

Forum for discussing non-Pakistani aviation issues and news.
Adnaan786
Registered Member

Pilot Jobs - Have you suffered discrimination?

Post by Adnaan786 »

An extract from an email a friend sent me:
Talking about DHL, remember I had an interview with them? Well I met one of the guys from the assessment day I had at DHL. He's here in Sweden doing the TR for Ryanair. Speaking to him he told me who got through to the sim stage (they didin't put me through to the sim assessment). He told me about one guy and I remember speaking to that guy at the assessment and he told me how he was worried that he hadn't tried to keep current (he hadn't flown for a year almost) and how that may reflect badly on his part. Well DHL put him through to the final stage (the sim) despite this. This is the thing though - they told me they didn't put me forward to the sim stage because I hadn't flown for 5 months yet this guy got through having not flown for almost a year...... needless to say I found that news heartbreaking mate. Really really frustrating. I got above average in the pyschometric tests and the interview went absolutely fine. That sort of thing really knocks me mate because it makes me think no matter what I do these people will not give me a job just because I'm not one of them (ie white). I was thinking of writing to BALPA but don't know if it's worth it or what I can gain from it.
I would be interested to know if anyone else out there has suffered similar discrimination. I know I have.