Air India's new livery

Forum for sharing world aviation photos.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

PK777 wrote:They should not have the tomb stone windows - looks weird to me!
These are Indian Palace Windows not tomb stone windows. The palace windows were part of 'Palace In The Sky' livery introduced for the first time in 1971 on Air India's first Boeing 747-237B named 'Emperor Ashoka' (aircraft registration VT-EBD)
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

ConnieMan wrote:Nothing different then current style of hopeless liveries!, except for only certain part of livery that is attractive :roll: , other examples are Saudia and PIA.... :cry:
ConnieMan, I am surprised that you don’t like the Saudi livery too. You mind if I ask whats bad in it? Coz I’ve found so many people who just love Saudi livery, matching with classic deserted area… :roll:
Adnan
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

I dont like Saudia's new Tan/Gold fuselage with white, it dosen't give Islamic country's impression to me same as 80's and early 90s green and blue striped with green tail livery.
But i do like Saudia's new tail, i think its the best feature of there new livery...
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Saudia's livery is amongst the best and thank God they're not petty enough to link it to religion.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Saudi Arabian livery is one of my favourites. It perfectly represents Saudi Arabia - The fuselage colour represents Saudi desert sand, a golden line on fuselage indicates Saudi Arabia is a kingdom. Aircraft tail’s dark blue colour represents Saudi desert night with crescent moon (a symbol of Islam) illuminating Saudi national logo of date palm tree protected by two crossed swords - the Saudi national logo means no prosperity without justice.

Since topic is related to Air India's livery, I wanted to share following photo which shows how the new livery is going to look like on airline's Boeing 777.

Photo Link: http://www.liladesign.com/AirIndiaB772byLilaDesign.jpg
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Abbas Ali wrote:Saudi Arabian livery is one of my favourites. It perfectly represents Saudi Arabia - The fuselage colour represents Saudi desert sand, a golden line on fuselage indicates Saudi Arabia is a kingdom. Aircraft tail’s dark blue colour represents Saudi desert night with crescent moon (a symbol of Islam) illuminating Saudi national logo of date palm tree protected by two crossed swords - the Saudi national logo means no prosperity without justice.

Since topic is related to Air India's livery, I wanted to share following photo which shows how the new livery is going to look like on airline's Boeing 777.

Photo Link: http://www.liladesign.com/AirIndiaB772byLilaDesign.jpg
Abbas bahi, i see you point in Saudia's new livery as representing there desert country's image but i don't agree with tail being part that gives Islamic image, yes cresent with palm trees is good as half sign but purple blue tail is not generating islamic image in my opinion, if hey would have kept green in there livery as green has been represnting as islamic color for centuries, sorry but purple blue can't change that or take over it...
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

The crescent is sufficient as an Islamic symbol, please dont make our religion into a joke.
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

CoyBoy wrote:The crescent is sufficient as an Islamic symbol, please dont make our religion into a joke.
Where are you getting that idea from Cowboy??, these are just presonal preceptions, likings and opinions based on how one see the livery, No one is bringing religion in between or making joke as think of it....
Nasir
Registered Member

Post by Nasir »

The concept that green or a crescent is related to Islam is a cultural misconception. Islam does not identify with a color, and the crescent was adopted by the Ottoman Emperors from the Hagia-Sofia (Turkey): The church honors the Virgin Mary and in some Christian traditions, her cloak/dress is covered with crescent moons...

Refer to this video for more explanation.
AP-BGL
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGL »

ConnieMan, I think the livery explained by Abbas Ali tells every thing in detail. You see he said the blue tail gives a look of desert at NIGHT, I don’t think he said blue tail (precisely the color) is related to Islam or did he? Personally, I like the Saudi livery very much because it gives an image of their country well.
Adnan
ConnieMan
Registered Member

Post by ConnieMan »

Its ok if you like it, as i said before these are opinions of each individual as he/she see it, no big deal....
umair_ayaz
Registered Member

Post by umair_ayaz »

Abbas Bhai, Thanks for the Air India new livery graphic…this one is much convincing than the real-life photo…I checked Lila Designs for more templates & images of the Air India livery & I was astonished by the degree of professionalism & aesthetic brilliance of their designers…I was amazed by the beauty & class of the liveries they’ve designed for airlines…I would suggest PIA to also hire Lila Designs & get themselves revitalized. I suggest people to check out fascinating marvels of art painted out of palette by professional artists:
http://www.liladesign.com/liladesign/ai ... nding.html

Another Air India Livery graphic:

I was amazed to notice that Shaheen Air’s new livery was also designed by a Lila Design associated artist:
http://www.liladesign.com/liladesign/ai ... ional.html

Also checkout this Iran Air livery by Lila Design:

I hope that PIA also gets some sort of professional assistance in future when it’ll revise its livery!
Umair Ayaz
Member of Flightsim Pakistan & VASIM
umair_ayaz
Registered Member

Post by umair_ayaz »

...And guys I think that we’ve had pretty much ‘off-topic’ debate…u can’t bring to question anyone’s liking or disliking & preferences as such! And for God sake at least don’t bring Islam into airline liveries…It hasn’t already been spared by fanatics who are dragging Islam into issues that have no relevance with it…
Umair Ayaz
Member of Flightsim Pakistan & VASIM
PIA10141
Registered Member

Post by PIA10141 »

all these liveries have a similar design... sort of a ribbon design :?
REGARDS--
Mohsin Naseem - PIA10141
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Preferred colour in Islam is White according to Hadees.