New Release: PIA B777-240LR made by Risesoon! scale 1/200

Share info and photos of all kinds of aircraft models related to PIA and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Ok I think I, kind of, know whats going on here.

I'm sure you must have checked out this site:

http://www.skymarksmodels.com/index2.html

This being the official Skymarks website and under 'New Arrivals' on Page 5 is the correct PIA 777-200LR minus the flag and registration #. This is due for release in Oct. The reason for the lack of registration # is probably because as the model has 2 tails, it is not known which a/c will have which registration and hence thats why they left it out. Maybe they might add the registration later on closer to the time of release. Alot of these models have last minute minor changes made, so there is hope yet. Same could be said for the caption. You can't have 2 captions because of the 2 tails, so they left that out too. If you notice this site is quite professionally done and everything described clearly.

Now I also saw the Risesoon website which was quite full of bad grammar and spelling mistakes. There is no mention of any PIA 777 other than SIA and EK under the new releases page. Not a very well done site. Also their products are substantially different from Skymarks. Am I to understand that its this company i.e. Risesoon that is doing the 'incorrect' 777LR minus the raked wingtips and with the flag on the tail?

I previously said that Risesoon and Skymarks are the same company. Well its possible that they're not. Risesoon could be making models for Skymarks. As mentioned before, I have a few models which state on the box that they're made by Risesoon but they're packaged as Skymarks. Like Dragon Wings make models for Jet X and Phoenix sometimes uses the GJ mould, this is probably whats happening here. SM has commissioned RS to make their products (SM using the RS mould) and RS is in turn making and marketing their own products. For that reason its also possible that RS do not, or maybe even cannot for copyright reasons, produce the exact same product that they're making for SM so they're doing their own version of the PIA 777LR w/o the raked wingtips and with the standard flag on the tail while not realising the difference in the 2 a/c. They have to make their 777 model different from that of SM so they added the ER wings and put a flag on the tail.

I think its best to just leave well alone and see whats released in the next few months. RS can be advised that they should change the registration # of their model to that of one of the ER's and add the small flag behind the L4 and R4 doors. That would then result in models of both the LR and ER being produced.

And another alternative. Both models are coming from the same mould, one having the correct LR registration of BGY, the other without any registration. You can just switch the fuselage and mate the Skymarks LR raked wings and engines to the Risesoon fuselage with the BGY registration and voila you have your due registered and correct 777LR. The Risesoon's ER wings/engines can go on the Skymarks fuselage and with a green thin tipped permanent ink felt tip pen, scrawl your own choice of the 4 ER registrations on the fuselage and under the port wing. I've done that with alot of my unregistered 1/200 models. Also as it appears that the ER's will have their tails painted before the LR's there won't be any need to change the tails. The BGY fuselage and flag tail should stay together with the provincial tails being on the ER model.

There, all sorted.
Moin Abbasi
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

yep i have been mainly emailing skymarks via that website and i got email from them saying that they will be recieving the SM model PIA in the week of AUG 28th.

yes moin i am going to get two skymarks PIA 777-240LR and as they give two tails im going to put one lahore tail on one model and the thar on the other so i have two PIA MODELS with two different tails. and lastly when i get the RS one i will then do what you said switch the wings. so i will have

PIA SM lahore tail with raked wingtips (and may add ER reg)
PIA SM thar tail but no raked wingtips so may add ER reg
PIA RS flag tail with raked wingtips and with reg AP-BGY.

lahore tail will get raked wingtips as i prefer lahore tail rather than the thar tail.

thats how i think i might do it. what do you think. the spare tails i will keep incase if the models discolour stain...etc

i may change this when i see which 777's aircrafts PIA will paint the provinces tails on.

now i really cant wait to get some of these models

moin just post when you recieve a reply from RS i should also get one maybe tommorow.
My Aircraft Model Photos: www.flickr.com/haq747
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

also which green tip will work? permenent marker will have to be used wont it? whats the best way and which felt tip did you use moin? it will be quite difficult to get the right colour of that dark green PIA uses.
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

moin which RS website did you visit as they do show the PIA quite a few pics?

did you visit the english one or japanese one :lol: ?
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Where did you get the extra pics from of this model. I went to the english version of their website and they only seemed to have the side shot?
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

visit the japanese one for extra pics it willl be dificult :lol:
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

here is what i recieved from RS

Hi Samee,

We are very sorry for the errors on the PIA 777-200LR, we will change the wings which have raked wingtips.But we are afraid the Pakistan flag can't be on the fuselage,it's difficult to add extra pattern after the models are done.

Our English website is not completed, if you still want to order model,please email the quantity to us.
The model of PIA 777-200LR is US$30 per piece,also you have to cover the carriage that will cost you US$10.
The only way of paying is credit card that you should offer the data below.
1.Credit Card NO.
2.Vaild date of Credit Card
3. Holder's name
4.The last three number at the reverse side of credit card
5.What kinds of you credit card(Visa,Master......)

Regards
Edith

What does "you have to cover undercarraige for $10" mean? does it mean the landing gears or what?
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

PK777, go to the japanese website? andclick on the photo of the model i think its queensland...

then wait

then you have to read in between the japanese and click on the 2nd line

i.e. 2006/08/02 1:200 巴基斯坦航空B777-200 現身

like that above and you will see many PIA photos.

also why did RS say $10 to cover carraige? what does that mean?
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Samee, the $10 carriage charge means shipping and handling! Not undercarriage. You read it wrong. The model is for a total of $40.

Anyway I got this reply from Edith today:

Dear Mr. Abbasi,

Thanks for you letter of advising again.

The models of PIA 777-200LR will stop producing and accepting orders from other airline company. We realized how to choose the correct wings to match fuselage now. Therefore, the same mistake won't be happend in the feature. Thanks!!

Regards,
Edith

From what she's saying and looking at what she said to you, it looks like they discovered the error and are going to correct it. I'm beginning to wish we never said anything because now we're going to have 2 PIA LR's whereas before we could have had 1 LR and 1 ER. Damn :shock: Sometimes its best to just shut up and not say anything. Anyway now you have 2 types of 777LR's on the market. I guess you'll be buying both? Not sure about myself though.
Moin Abbasi
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

aye i will still be buying thembut what you could say moin is that you would still like the -ER wings with it just say to them.
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

Samee I just spent several days sending e-mails back and forth to someone who can hardly speak English, explaining to them that they made a mistake by releasing an LR model with the wrong wings and when they finally got it and realised their mistake you want me to tell them that I like it and to let it be?

I don't think they're THAT customer friendly and I'd rather not hear Edith cursing away in her English. I think its an accomplishment enough that we finally managed to get their company to correct a big fault in one of their models before release.

If you still want an ER just clip the raked wingtips off one set of wings. I did that once to a Wooster JAL 744 which I wanted to convert into a domestic short range 744D. I just cut off the winglets and the edge of the wing.
Moin Abbasi
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

:lol: i understand moin. no no im happy with the raked wingtipsi prefer LR to ER :D where will you get your model from? im thinking that i should get of ebay as can get it much cheaper from their.
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Haha im just laughing reading your post Moin, you wanted something to be done and once they realised - the product is post poned to be released later. Well, look on the bight side, at least we know there will be a PIA B777 in 1/200 scale coming in the future w/o wondering if there will be anything at all! :wink:
samee380
Registered Member

Post by samee380 »

oh man dont say they are going to postpone this just Have to wait for they reply tommorrow see what they say. im definately going to get it from them however i think they need my credit card details and account number first should i do it can they be trusted? i would prefer paypal but i dont think they have it.
sAAd
Deactivated

Post by sAAd »

hmmm.....
the picture above looks like an actual aircraft :o

btw....the plane models you get onboard the Pk flights are absolutely DISASTEROUS...
dont even think about getting them, their a complete and total waste of money!!
sAAd!