Pakistan Air Force pilot forced to retire early

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
mohammed younis
Registered Member

Pakistan Air Force pilot forced to retire early

Post by mohammed younis »

HI

I read this article on todays bbc news website

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/south_asia/4901414.stm
Mohammed Younis
PIA - Great People To Fly With
Adnan Anwar
Registered Member

Post by Adnan Anwar »

I have to suport PAF on this. And to mullah's my message is your beard does ont show anything about niat from the inside. So top the policy of secularism propaganda.
Adnan Anwar
Valkyrie
Registered Member

Post by Valkyrie »

No brainer. You want to grow a foot long beard? Go ahead. But don't expect to work in an environment where it is deemed hazardous or against operating procedures. Mind you, one of the recent female pilots to graduate wears a hijab. The AF's decision has got nothing to do with religion.
oxon
Registered Member

Post by oxon »

Once I used to work for Heavy para drop squarden No.1 at Hulavington Wiltshire ( U.K.) in mid seventies. There was a air tech. and had very long beard . He was from Ireland and we used to call him Phaddy Beard . His main job was on C. 130 and he was brilliant engineer but R.A.F never objected on having a so long beard.
inducedrag
Registered Member

Post by inducedrag »

long facial hairs can make oxygen masks ineffective there is a warning written on the quick down oxygen mask of air crafts like Boeing so I think even airline pilots should be barred from wearing long beards :idea:
iqbal
Registered Member

Post by iqbal »

LOL ! You should see the beard on Capt. Parvez - if anyone has a pic PLZ post it - the imagine of an oxygen mask on him is hillarous !
Iqbal Malik
------------------------------------------
Junaid
Registered Member

Post by Junaid »

His main job was on C. 130 and he was brilliant engineer but R.A.F never objected on having a so long beard.
These guys in PAF are not engineers but pilots. Engineers do not need to wear oxygen masks but pilots do.
KSKJADOON
Registered Member

Post by KSKJADOON »

I fully support PAF's decision on this.
Discipline of dress code is one thing but personal and other's safety is absolutely paramount.
KHURRAM JADOON - LONDON (UK)