Green livery PIA 747 at LHR many year ago

Share photos of PIA, Pakistani airlines, Pakistani airports and photos related to civil & military aviation of Pakistan.
oxon
Registered Member

Green livery PIA 747 at LHR many year ago

Post by oxon »

kamalla
Registered Member

Post by kamalla »

Nice classic shot.
Well done once again oxon!!
amin007
Registered Member

Post by amin007 »

Which Airport OXON? It seems to be heathrow!
Moin
Registered Member

Post by Moin »

YUP thats LHR all right.
Moin Abbasi
oxon
Registered Member

Post by oxon »

One day I was clearing my cup board in the back room ( suppose to be dining room but now where my computer is ) and I was chucking old papers , newspapers and magazines which I kept in plastic trays. Thats where I found this photo with my old ( 30 years old Pentax KM ) camera. During the 80s and 90s if any family member come or go to Pakistan , I used to leave home early ( Oxford ) so I could spend more time on the top of T3 car park to take some photos of a/c. LHR is about 48 miles from Oxford and take just under a hour depending on trafic on M40 and M25.
amin007
Registered Member

Post by amin007 »

Does'nt your family members now travel to Pakistan? If yes than why don't you take new shots
oxon
Registered Member

Post by oxon »

Different timeings ! If its Sunday flight than ok other wise due to work , can not leave office early . Now this extra strict security at LHR , unable to go on top of viewing gallery , the only option is from the top of T3 carpark and officially its not allowed. I was questioned few times why I am taking photos and so so , security staff checked my ID and driving licence . I remember in early 70s I went to Dowining Street London and took photo of NO.10 Prime Minister Residence ( standing out side ) now it would be impossible .Its getting bad now here. I wanted to take some photos of our Oxford railway station and trains . Would you belive it.... only ticket holder passenger are allowed on the platform....and no platform ticket are sold now .
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

amin007 wrote:Which Airport OXON? It seems to be heathrow!
Yep, its heathrow, you can tell by the bright yellow jetways of Terminal 4, also the B744 of BA