PIA k class

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
legalize
Registered Member

PIA k class

Post by legalize »

I am flying on PIA tomorrow bhx-isb a310....on my ticket it says k class...is this econonmy> i thought econonmy was y class
SalamPaks
Registered Member

Re: pia k class

Post by SalamPaks »

legalize wrote:i am flying on pia tomorrow bhx-isb a310....on my ticket it says k class...is this econonmy> i thought econonmy was y class
A constant cause of confusion for many...

The economy cabin is the Y cabin. The Business cabin is the J cabin.

K-class, as notated on your ticket refers to the fare bucket in which your travel was purchased. A full-fare economy ticket will be purchased in Y. A severely discounted ticket is a K. There are doubtless, several other fare buckets, each with it's own restrictions.
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

"K" class is economy class, it's used for a "discounted" ecomony class, thats typically means that You cant change date or flight at all on Your ticket. And You will only earn 50% of the mileage for that type of class ticket
Having worked in reservations of CX + in an agency specializing in PIA sales for the last 7 months in YYZ, I would like to differ on some points mentioned above.

PIA's fare structure is two fold in Canada, UK and USA...i.e. there is P & K class only...there is no upsell to higher fare paying economy classes nor is a passenger allowed to pay a full Y class fare.

As far as changing date rules of PIA goes, that too is false. You can change your date for a CDN $ 100 fee or even $ 200 depending on season. There is also a refund option available minus a CDN $ 200 charge from PIA. Lastly, K class tkts are valid for 4 months but can be extended after purchase to a 6 month validity for a CDN $ 160 fee.

As far as K class being PIAs lowest fare paying class in Economy, that is not correct at all. When I go to work tomorrow I will copy-paste the PIA reservation classes and the last ones are the lowest fare ones...that is true for all airlines...example V for EK, Q for BA etc etc.
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

When I go to work tomorrow I will copy-paste the PIA reservation classes and the last ones are the lowest fare ones...that is true for all airlines...example V for EK, Q for BA etc etc.
PK 790 C7 A2 P7 R4 X2 YYZKHI 600P 1135P‡1 772 DL 2 T DC
Y0 K7 V7 E7 Z5

thus E & Z classes would be the lowest fare paying classes for PIA. also remember that each market is designated its own fare class thus Z class I imagine would be for the lowest yielding market that PIA targets on this particular flight.

EK 604 J7 C7 Y9 W9 M9 B9 K9 H9 Q9 L9 DXBKHI 0130 0425 332 0
T9 V9

AL FLGT BK DATE TIME FARE BASIS NVB NVA BG
DXB
KHI EK 0604 V 24JAN 0130 VLOWAE1 20

AED 380.00 24JAN06DXB EK KHI Q43.56 59.89NUC103.45END
CAD 120.00 ROE3.673080
CAD 5.81YQ
CAD 15.76YR
CAD 9.46AE
CAD 151.03

as you can see above V class is the lowest fare paying for EK.
CoyBoy
Registered Member

Post by CoyBoy »

Whats the difference between J and C classification for business class.
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

C and D are discounted business class fares.

J is a full business class fare.

A is discounted or FREE first class seating (for airline staff-trvl agents)

F is normal full fare First class.
fly1346
Registered Member

Post by fly1346 »

Behramjee would you please explain to me how you read what you posted above? I understand SOME of it, I would be pleased if you can translate it for me. Thanks