Article on Air Blue in Air International

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

Airblues catering is being handled by the same company which handled Swiss....im not sure what the name of the company is but i guess maybe this is the one
AP-BGJ
Registered Member

Post by AP-BGJ »

Hello everyone

I would like to say my salam to everyone on these forums. I am very impressed by this website.

This is my first post on the forum here.

In summers i was visiting Pakistan for my summer vacations and had an oppurtunity to fly with airblue from KHI to UET and then on PIA for my onward connection to ISB. And i was amazed to see and experience truly amazing service of airblue. Frankly speaking that day PIA was no match for airblue.

And i travelled to KHI from ISB on PIA and i was literally cursing myself on choosing PIA. from my experience Airblue has done remarkably well and all hats off for them

I wish them luck for the future.
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

ED always tries its best to provide the best inflight product in Pakistan. I still do think that will they be able to provide better than the current one on the PAK-UK flights?

One more thing, has any forum member had a chance to fly on the KHI-DXB route or DXB-ISB/PEW/LHE and can provide us with a trip report?
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

Excellent article. I really hope PIA starts to improve now, this is a wake up call for them, if they don't Airblue may eventually have the largest market share domestically and maybe eventually internationally. Congrats to Airblue on a impressive year!
bagold
Registered Member

Post by bagold »

AirBlue wrote:ED always tries its best to provide the best inflight product in Pakistan. I still do think that will they be able to provide better than the current one on the PAK-UK flights?
I had the pleasure of flying Air Blue from KHI to LHE last year. I think Air Blue will continue to do well provided they continue their focus on customers and not fall into the trap of focusing on non-fare paying VIP's, relatives of staff and friends of relatives of staff. Pakistan may well have an airline that everyone can be proud of.
AirBlue
Registered Member

Post by AirBlue »

its kinda funny how ED treats the sublo's....all departments are treated equally....600Rs. per ticket for family members upto 12 per employee....so that means i myself can travel 4 times in ED....not bad cuz i visit pakistan once a year for like a couple of months and have my fun :D
airevents
Registered Member

Post by airevents »

Hello, I was the one who wrote the article about Airblue and must say am delighted myself to see it published now. The picture with the catering truck was indeed taken at Karachi not Lahore, just to avoid confusion here.

Does anyone here have good contacts to PIA or Aero Asia´s Public Relations Department? I might write a similar feature about one of the two.

Best regards from Germany,

Sebastian Schmitz
PK777
Registered Member

Post by PK777 »

Hi Sebastian Schmitz,

Firstly excellent work on the Airblue article, i enjoyed reading it with some really good quality photos to go with it :lol:

There are afew people who have links in PIA, hopefully they can help...an artcle about PIA induction of the B772LR in a colour scheme might be interesting to do.

Here are the website, might help to contact them;

Aero Asia International
www.aeroasia.com

AirBlue
www.airblue.com

Shaheen Air
www.shaheenair.com

Pakistan International (PIA)
www.piac.com.pk

Or if you would like to write an article about the Pakistani airports, here are some link to the official website;

Quaid-e-Azam Intl (Jinnah Intl), Karachi, (PIA Main Hub)
www.karachiairport.com.pk

Allama Iqbal International, Lahore, (Newe airport complex opened in 03)
www.lahoreairport.com.pk

Islamabad Intl Airport, Islamabad (Apparently new airport is going to be constructed at a new location)
www.islamabadairport.com.pk

Hopefully that a start......... :wink:
fly1346
Registered Member

Post by fly1346 »

I think i also saw a article in Airliners world, ill confirm and let you know tomorrow!