airblue Hiring Cadet Pilots

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
contrails
Registered Member

Re: airblue Hiring Cadet Pilots

Post by contrails »

aircraftdriver93 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:13 pm First of all 100% operations are restored back. Secondly minimum 80 pilots ware the minimum requirement of 2023 for PIA to operate at 100% capacity. (Even With UK/EU ban)

For your information as per audit report PIA’s flight cancellations loss from 2022(June)-2023(July) due to cockpit/cabin crew shortage and aircrafts shortage is 19 billion approx.

That is the reason PIA has implemented Compulsory Services Act Policy in May’23 that no Pilot can resign due to shortage.

Many want to resign but unable to get NOC from PIA.

contrails wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:04 pm
aircraftdriver93 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:49 am Cadet pilots in PIA was not slashed by Ghulam Sarwar’s statement. Supreme Court’s ban from 2018 to 2023 has barred them to recruit any pilots. To counter pilots shortage SC uplifted the ban to recruit fresh cadets on 5th July 2023.

And now Privatisation Commission has barred them to recruit any cadets because they are privatising PIA by mid January.
contrails wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:49 am Lets see how the rest follow.
Please enlighten me how PIA with no european routes, struggling regionally to sustain its large fleet, is going to hire pilots. Im actually interested in knowing, assuming Sarwars statement had no implications.
NOCs are being issued. A good lawyer and a 3 months notice either side is the key. Sial / FJ has many PIA guys coming in.
aircraftdriver93
Registered Member

Post by aircraftdriver93 »

So where I said that they can’t recruit rated guys? You are telling me like I have barred them to recruit rated guys.
contrails wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:17 pm
aircraftdriver93 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:13 pm First of all 100% operations are restored back. Secondly minimum 80 pilots was the minimum requirement of 2023 for PIA to operate at 100% capacity. (Even With UK/EU ban)

For your information as per audit report PIA’s flight cancellations loss from 2022(June)-2023(July) due to cockpit/cabin crew shortage is 19 billion approx.

That is the reason PIA has implemented Compulsory Services Act Policy in May’23 that no Pilot can resign due to shortage.

Many want to resign but unable to get NOC from PIA.

contrails wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 3:04 pm
aircraftdriver93 wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 10:49 am Cadet pilots in PIA was not slashed by Ghulam Sarwar’s statement. Supreme Court’s ban from 2018 to 2023 has barred them to recruit any pilots. To counter pilots shortage SC uplifted the ban to recruit fresh cadets on 5th July 2023.

And now Privatisation Commission has barred them to recruit any cadets because they are privatising PIA by mid January.
contrails wrote: Fri Nov 03, 2023 8:49 am Lets see how the rest follow.
Please enlighten me how PIA with no european routes, struggling regionally to sustain its large fleet, is going to hire pilots. Im actually interested in knowing, assuming Sarwars statement had no implications.
There is no shortage of rated crew in Pakistan. "For your information" PIA is actually considering picking up A320 rated pilots from outside (previously done for the B747) to tackle this shortage. There have been strong rumors snooping around to pickup these rated guys.

Once privitized, the PIA act no longer bars them from doing so. Good luck.
contrails
Registered Member

Post by contrails »

Im not telling you anything. :wink: