Will Emirates restore back to five daily flights between Karachi and Dubai?

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
danyal77W
Registered Member

Will Emirates restore back to five daily flights between Karachi and Dubai?

Post by danyal77W »

Apparently, it seems that Emirates has settled down on operating just three daily flights between Karachi and Dubai instead of five daily flights (pre-pandemic level). Although Emirates has restored pre-pandemic frequencies to its other popular destinations, such as LHR and BOM, Karachi has not seen a similar increase in frequencies to what they were pre-pandemic levels.

What could be the reason for this reduction of flights and does Emirates plan to restore the frequencies back to five daily flights?

For sometime back in 2017/8, Emirates even operated seven daily flights.

Why has the demand or flight frequencies fallen to almost half or is it something associated with Pakistan CAA policies?

Best,
Vaqar Khan
Registered Member

Re: Will Emirates restore back to five daily flights between Karachi and Dubai?

Post by Vaqar Khan »

They are using Fly Dubai for remaining connections fro Rest of the world. My daughter flex out to Karachi on Emirates from Birmingham, He Dubai to Karachi sector was Fly Dubai. On her return both sectors will be Emirates. Also, the current economic environment in Pakistan where airlines are finding it difficult to take money out of Pakistan, I don't foresee Emirates will be in a great hurry to increase frequency.
Safwan Waqas
Registered Member

Re: Will Emirates restore back to five daily flights between Karachi and Dubai?

Post by Safwan Waqas »

What I think this can also be a reason PCAA not releasing forigen Airlines funds.
Even after Fly Dubai opreates 4daily still there is a huge chunk of passengers who Wana travel