PIA Starting Flights for Istanbul in November With Turkish Airlines Connecting Flights to Europe, UK and USA

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Re: PIA Starting Flights for Istanbul in November With Turkish Airlines Connecting Flights to Europe, UK and USA

Post by Amaad Lone »

The Istanbul connection concept makes a lot of sense.

The Turkish European network, plus USA flights can really help PIA pull in some extra passengers.

PIA has to improve its standards and make sure passengers dont jump ship and simply go on Turkish all the way.

Also PIA cannot afford any delayed flights, and with the winter fog season coming I hope PIA can manage that.

So far only BHX is being used, maybe that 777 has been dedicated for the six weekly flights, but would have been nice if it was daily with Lahore getting a third flight.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
b78709
Registered Member

Re: PIA Starting Flights for Istanbul in November With Turkish Airlines Connecting Flights to Europe, UK and USA

Post by b78709 »

I don't understand as to why PIA have a PIA shared code flight number on ICN-IST flights of Turkish. Code share agreement with THY is almost 5 years old and the scope need to be expanded to include more TK and PK flights. IST-JED/MED and JED/MED-PK sectors can fetch lot of additional demand.
baberblues
Registered Member

Post by baberblues »

is anyone familiar or has travelled with the service and knows that if baggage is checked through to the final destination, getting very cheap fares between PAK and UK and would like to try out the service.
b78709
Registered Member

Post by b78709 »

baberblues wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:01 am is anyone familiar or has travelled with the service and knows that if baggage is checked through to the final destination, getting very cheap fares between PAK and UK and would like to try out the service.
No issues
baberblues
Registered Member

Post by baberblues »

b78709 wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:53 pm
baberblues wrote: Sat Nov 26, 2022 4:01 am is anyone familiar or has travelled with the service and knows that if baggage is checked through to the final destination, getting very cheap fares between PAK and UK and would like to try out the service.
No issues
Have you travelled with them recently?
baberblues
Registered Member

Post by baberblues »

Some teething issues in booking this TK/PK flights so far. Can’t find a PNR/ Record locator for TK. But have 1 for PIA. Booked wheelchair assistance for the PIA flight for it to only end up showing on the booking that said passenger can walk (seriously).

Hopefully it’s a smooth process and will report before departure and inflight etc as to how this partnership is working.
baberblues
Registered Member

Post by baberblues »

What a disaster. Anyone possibly fire over some advice. I got the PIA flight to istanbul today from Lahore which ended up being delayed for 2 hours due to a light failure. Got into istanbul on PK 2 and an half hours late, and now everyone has missed their respective connecting flights and no one from PIA is here. Turkish airlines staff is telling us to contact PIA. What a bloody joke.

Does anyone know if the PIA ticket is linked to Turkish airlines reservations and if I can check my ticket on the Turkish airlines website. I bought my ticket on the PIA website. I know on some airlines you can enter in your PNR of one airline and your booking can come up on another airlines website. But this does not work for PK.

Also asked for wheelchair assistance in Istanbul and asked PIA 3 times about it but lo and behold this was not organised.

What a mess. Such a joke and best to avoid.
Amaad Lone
Registered Member

Post by Amaad Lone »

What a disaster. Anyone possibly fire over some advice. I got the PIA flight to istanbul today from Lahore which ended up being delayed for 2 hours due to a light failure. Got into istanbul on PK 2 and an half hours late, and now everyone has missed their respective connecting flights and no one from PIA is here. Turkish airlines staff is telling us to contact PIA. What a bloody joke.
You own fault. who told to you to fly a connecting flight which meant using two airlines, one of which is PIA.

I am surprised Turkish cannot book you on a another flight, considering you are now the their headache.
P.I.A

God's International Airline
Karachi Aviator
Registered Member

Post by Karachi Aviator »

Any updates on whether PIA is increasing frequencies to IST? it's about time they start flights from KHI after a good response from LHE and ISB. If not 21 weekly, at least 12 weekly flights, 4 each from KHI, ISB and LHE should be the plan. Aviation minister himself said that the ban won't be lifted until mid 2023, will be better to increase frequencies to IST.
🇵🇰🇸🇦🇺🇸🇵🇱🛬
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Bid submitted by Sancak Inflight Service - http://www.sancakinflight.com.tr/ - accepted for in-flight catering services to PIA in Istanbul.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
London Flyer
Registered Member

Post by London Flyer »

On the Turkish side I wonder how much this codeshare (and the codeshare offered by Emirates) was motivated by GoP withholding airline funds to artificially prop dollar reserves
mohammad
Registered Member

Post by mohammad »

Just traveled on PIA / Turkish to US.

- PIA flight from Lahore diverted to Islamabad. Whereas the Turkish air flight on the same day, 30 min apart flew out of Lahore.

- Food quality was absolutely shocking. Have seen a better offering on Faisal Movers. Maybe the worst I have seen on a flight. Although 2 meals were served because they know most people would have to wait in transit. The second meal was served when the pilot began the descent!

- Aircraft was literally breaking apart. I saw random seat fixtures lying on the floor.

- No inflight entertainment, except a fight between the crew and a passenger. Few of the screens which worked were showing Vietnam airways logo (even 8 years after PIA had bought this aircraft).

- PIA is unable to select a preferred seat for you on the Turkish airline operated flight. You have to speak with the transit desk at Istanbul. Also PIA PNR number won't work on Turkish website, you have to get the Turkish PNR from PIA call center / office.

- PIA crew as always did their best given the difficult circumstances.

I'm conclusion, it's a cheap low cost airline type of flight. You can shave few hours off your journey to Europe and US. If PIA can get their act together it's a winner.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Today, Aviation Minister Khawaja Saad Rafique at a press conference informed that PIA codeshare partnership with Turkish Airlines is successful. In about two months, PIA has sold 53,000 passenger tickets and earned PKR 3 billion revenue.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
ammad
Registered Member

Post by ammad »

Just six flights a week earn this much revenue. Which translates to 1.5 bullion PKR monthly and 18 Billion PKR yearly.

If the same flight increased exactly by three times from 6X to 18X weekly using existing PIA aircraft as shown below.

Fix AB-BID and deployed six weekly to LHE-IST
FIX-AB-BGK and deployed six weekly to KHI-IST
Use existing B-777 currently doing six weekly to IST, now dedicate same Aircraft to 6x weekly to ISB-IST only.

So the same revenue will increase by three time from 1.5 billion to 4.5 billion monthly, which is 54billion PKR per year.

This 54billion PKR per year revenue will arrest the situation and solve all the loss making situation of PIA.
Fortune favours brave.
Karachi Aviator
Registered Member

Post by Karachi Aviator »

ammad wrote: Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:05 pm Just six flights a week earn this much revenue. Which translates to 1.5 bullion PKR monthly and 18 Billion PKR yearly.

If the same flight increased exactly by three times from 6X to 18X weekly using existing PIA aircraft as shown below.

Fix AB-BID and deployed six weekly to LHE-IST
FIX-AB-BGK and deployed six weekly to KHI-IST
Use existing B-777 currently doing six weekly to IST, now dedicate same Aircraft to 6x weekly to ISB-IST only.

So the same revenue will increase by three time from 1.5 billion to 4.5 billion monthly, which is 54billion PKR per year.

This 54billion PKR per year revenue will arrest the situation and solve all the loss making situation of PIA.

Most importantly, also refurbish the aircrafts and improve on-board facilities on these 777's. And improve the punctuality, PIA flights are delayed regularly which lead to passengers missing connections.
🇵🇰🇸🇦🇺🇸🇵🇱🛬