Underhand ticket changes by PIA from UK?

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
t_kaay
Registered Member

Underhand ticket changes by PIA from UK?

Post by t_kaay »

Seen a social media post thats circulating regarding PIA changing passengers tickets without notice and randomly around Eid dates. Apparently passengers who booked several months ago paying around £650 to travel in mid July have had their dates changed to the end of July, with their reservations then being resold for around £1150! The dates in mid July happen to be the start of school holidays and also coincidently this year it falls at the same time as Eid, resulting in high demand. It seems unfair and unjust that PIA are treating customers who made plans several months ago like this.

Does anyone have any 1st hand knowledge of what is happening here? A relative of mine has a booking for 20th July MAN-ISB and they are worried that they may be cancelled at short notice?
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: Underhand ticket changes by PIA from UK?

Post by Abbas Ali »

Probably something to do with the availability of chartered aircraft for PIA UK/France flights.

On June 27, chartered Jordan Aviation Airbus A330-200 registration JY-JVB arrived in Amman as flight R54694 from Islamabad.

Source: flightradar24.com

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Badar42
Registered Member

Re: Underhand ticket changes by PIA from UK?

Post by Badar42 »

t_kaay wrote: Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:03 pm Seen a social media post thats circulating regarding PIA changing passengers tickets without notice and randomly around Eid dates. Apparently passengers who booked several months ago paying around £650 to travel in mid July have had their dates changed to the end of July, with their reservations then being resold for around £1150! The dates in mid July happen to be the start of school holidays and also coincidently this year it falls at the same time as Eid, resulting in high demand. It seems unfair and unjust that PIA are treating customers who made plans several months ago like this.

Does anyone have any 1st hand knowledge of what is happening here? A relative of mine has a booking for 20th July MAN-ISB and they are worried that they may be cancelled at short notice?
I think this was started by a Birmingham based journalist who posts about pak flights .Don't think it's true though because according to him "sources told me it's due to vip movements " .I mean which vip will use this flight