PIA to expand frequency to more countries

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

PIA to expand frequency to more countries

Post by Abbas Ali »

NAIROBI Sept 04 : The Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Pakistan International Airlines (PIA) Tariq Kirmani has said that addition of PIA network was part of the national flag carrier's expansion plan.

He was addressing a press conference here in a local hotel after resumption of PIA operations on August 30 to Nairobi after a suspension of seven years.

Pakistan High Commissioner to Kenya Syed Zahid Hussain was also present on the occasion. "The addition of Nairobi on PIA's network is part of the Airlines expansion plan which includes two more frequencies to Tokyo-Japan vis Bangkok, flights to Istanbul and Glasgow during the coming winter schedule effective from October Kirmani remarked.

PIA, he said, will be operating to Nairobi on twice weekly basis on every Tuesday and Saturday with A-310 aircraft on Nairobi-Dubai-Karachi route. He said recently PIA has also introduced flights to Kuala Lumpur and Singapore. This all, he said, has been done after an indepth evaluation of each route.

The chairman along with High Commissioner Syed Zahid Hussain also called on Vice President of Kenya Hon Moody Aworihere. The Vice President showed his desire that PIA should increase flights to Kenya. Kirmani thanked Ministry of Transport Kenya Civil Aviation/Airport Authorities, and other organisations for their support extended to PIA for successful launch of PIA flights to Nairobi.

Source: Pakistan Link
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

which includes two more frequencies to Tokyo-Japan vis Bangkok
interesting...and where did PIA get these 2 extra NRT slots from considering no airline is permitted to increase flights to NRT due to no slots being avbl...this is why EY-EK-QR all fly to KIX and not NRT !!!

Also I hope its KHI-BKK-NRT and not KHI-LHE/ISB-BKK-NRT!!!
Nasir
Registered Member

Post by Nasir »

behramjee wrote:...and not KHI-LHE/ISB-BKK-NRT!!!
EeK! Mini-bus!!
ord
Registered Member

Post by ord »

behramjee wrote:
which includes two more frequencies to Tokyo-Japan vis Bangkok
interesting...and where did PIA get these 2 extra NRT slots from considering no airline is permitted to increase flights to NRT due to no slots being avbl...this is why EY-EK-QR all fly to KIX and not NRT !!!

Also I hope its KHI-BKK-NRT and not KHI-LHE/ISB-BKK-NRT!!!
I think they still have slots from their operations to NRT in the late 90s, when PIA flew to NRT 4x weekly (2x weekly via PEK and 2x weekly via SE Asia). Lately, they were operating ISB-PEK-NRT 2x weekly, which still left them with the two other slots, which presumably they kept and now want to utilise.
Falcon598
Registered Member

Post by Falcon598 »

I think they still have slots from their operations to NRT in the late 90s, when PIA flew to NRT 4x weekly (2x weekly via PEK and 2x weekly via SE Asia). Lately, they were operating ISB-PEK-NRT 2x weekly, which still left them with the two other slots, which presumably they kept and now want to utilise.
That is what I am thinking as well.
behramjee
Registered Member

Post by behramjee »

and 2x weekly via SE Asia
yes I very clearly remember the NRT route flown by PIA via SE Asia in the 1990s.

It was a twice a week B 742 KHI-BKK-MNL-NRT-MNL-BKK-KHI. But I always wondered if PIA had 5th freedom rights on BKK-MNL-BKK + MNL-NRT-MNL as well as the rights to fly BKK originating pax to NRT and vice versa??? Can someone please elaborate more on this.
PakN'US
Registered Member

Post by PakN'US »

PIA has just curtailed ORD - LHE for a few weeks; reason being not enough traffic.
Just when you thought you were winning the rat race, along came faster rats!!!
Kashif
Registered Member

Post by Kashif »

Yes. Pakistan had full rights. I remember reading about it many years ago. The route was very popular with Fillipinos to Tokyo from Manila. In those years Phillipines Airlines used to fly Frankfurt-Karachi-Bangkok-Manila with fulll rights, hence the same rights were given to PIA. I travelled with them FRA-KHI.