Pakistan CAA Licensing System Significant Safety Concern (SSC) Declared Resolved by ICAO

Discuss issues and news related to PIA, Pakistani airlines and Pakistan's civil & military aviation.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Pakistan CAA Licensing System Significant Safety Concern (SSC) Declared Resolved by ICAO

Post by Abbas Ali »

International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Universal Safety Oversight Audit Programme (USOAP) team reviewed corrective measures taken by Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) to address Significant Safety Concern (SSC) raised by ICAO regarding licensing system in Pakistan.

ICAO has determined that the actions taken by Pakistan have successfully resolved the SSC.

The ICAO team reviewed the corrective actions taken and related evidence presented by Pakistan to address the SSC regarding the licensing system of the State, specifically in relation to the examination conducted by the Pakistan Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) and by delegated or designated training organizations prior to the issuance of licenses and ratings.

Pakistan CAA issues licenses to pilots, flight attendants, aircraft engineers, flight engineers, air traffic controllers etc.

Abbas
Dil Dil Pakistan... Jaan Jaan Pakistan

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Re: Pakistan CAA Licensing System Significant Safety Concern (SSC) Declared Resolved by ICAO

Post by Abbas Ali »

Resumption of Pakistani airlines including PIA flights to & from UK/Europe/USA expected.

Abbas

See you at:
Usman123
Registered Member

Re: Pakistan CAA Licensing System Significant Safety Concern (SSC) Declared Resolved by ICAO

Post by Usman123 »

Finally some good news looking forward to watching PIA Birds in UK and US
faisal-777
Registered Member

Post by faisal-777 »

I hope this comes with launch of some routes to Germany as well. Surprising that Italy/France/Spain have direct flights but not Germany where there is also a large diaspora. Frankfurt or Munich would work well, preferrably with A321.
Once you have tasted flight, you will ever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward - Leonardo Da Vinci
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

According to news sources:

* Pakistan CAA to begin conducting personnel licensing examinations from the last week of March and start issuing licenses.

* Pakistan CAA has contacted authorities in Europe to seek permission for the resumption of Pakistani airlines' commercial passenger/cargo flights to & from Europe.

Abbas

See you at:
flyingsystem
Registered Member

Post by flyingsystem »

Very good news! Hopefully they can resume flights asap.Virtual mithai for everyone! :D
faisal-777 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:07 am I hope this comes with launch of some routes to Germany as well. Surprising that Italy/France/Spain have direct flights but not Germany where there is also a large diaspora. Frankfurt or Munich would work well, preferrably with A321.
According to the latest interview of PIA CCO by Sam Chui (check his latest video on youtube), PIA plans to reduce drastically the number of direct flights to continental Europe, and focus initially to Paris with code-share all around EU. I assume they'll later add more direct flights wherever demand is present.
Usman123
Registered Member

Post by Usman123 »

flyingsystem wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:59 pm Very good news! Hopefully they can resume flights asap.Virtual mithai for everyone! :D
faisal-777 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:07 am I hope this comes with launch of some routes to Germany as well. Surprising that Italy/France/Spain have direct flights but not Germany where there is also a large diaspora. Frankfurt or Munich would work well, preferrably with A321.
According to the latest interview of PIA CCO by Sam Chui (check his latest video on youtube), PIA plans to reduce drastically the number of direct flights to continental Europe, and focus initially to Paris with code-share all around EU. I assume they'll later add more direct flights wherever demand is present.
Means we will probably only see Paris and LHR flights mainly
London Flyer
Registered Member

Post by London Flyer »

I wonder when we could expect to see a full schedule given several of the 777s are in inactive/storage. Might be a slow ramp up over the next few months once the permission is officially received
flyingsystem
Registered Member

Post by flyingsystem »

https://www.dawn.com/news/1667782/pakis ... -audit-caa
..."It will be emphasised to permit operations of Pakistani registered airlines to the UK and Europe at the earliest. It is expected that the UK and European Union will issue permissions on a fast-track basis"...
faisal-777
Registered Member

Post by faisal-777 »

flyingsystem wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:59 pm Very good news! Hopefully they can resume flights asap.Virtual mithai for everyone! :D
Thanks, will check on that. Codesharing with whom? I can only assume Turkish. If that is the case then gotta appreciate the former ousted CEO who had tried to go for this option 12 years ago, and failed thanks to senseless union protest.
Once you have tasted flight, you will ever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward - Leonardo Da Vinci
flyingsystem
Registered Member

Post by flyingsystem »

faisal-777 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:21 pm
Thanks, will check on that. Codesharing with whom? I can only assume Turkish. If that is the case then gotta appreciate the former ousted CEO who had tried to go for this option 12 years ago, and failed thanks to senseless union protest.
I believe they mean codeshare agreements with different airlines in EU to feed their PIA flights in Paris.
faisal-777
Registered Member

Post by faisal-777 »

flyingsystem wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:27 pm
faisal-777 wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:21 pm
I believe they mean codeshare agreements with different airlines in EU to feed their PIA flights in Paris.
Ok that also makes sense. They keep 2,3 hubs and make codeshares. The issue is that if they go for low cost carriers for feeder flights, their baggage restrictions might make PIA ticket less attractive compared to ME3. For sure the LCC in Europe are not going to handle those generous baggage allowances PIA offers.
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

Pakistan 'Effective Implementation' (EI) score without any Significant Safety Concern (SSC) for categories covered under International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Universal Safety Oversight Audit Programme (USOAP).

Categories covered under ICAO's Universal Safety Oversight Audit Programme (USOAP) include:

Legislation
Organization
Licensing
Operations
Airworthiness
Accident Investigation
Air Navigation Services
Aerodromes

Red Flag removed from Pakistan.

Source: https://www.icao.int/

Abbas

See you at:
Abbas Ali
Site Admin

Post by Abbas Ali »

International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) January 20, 2022, electronic bulletin information:

In September 2020, ICAO identified a Significant Security Concern (SSC) in Pakistan pertaining to its licensing examinations system. In accordance with the mechanism approved by the Council, ICAO SSC Validation Committee determined that corrective actions taken by Pakistan had resolved the SSC. As a result, the SSC is no longer posted on ICAO public website (https://www.icao.int/safety/pages/usoap-results.aspx) and the ICAO USOAP Continuous Monitoring Approach (CMA) online framework (https://www.icao.int/usoap).

Abbas

See you at: