Oman Air: Accommodation, visa etc. on long layover

Forum for discussing non-Pakistani aviation issues and news.
haroon_ek
Registered Member

Oman Air: Accommodation, visa etc. on long layover

Post by haroon_ek »

Hi,

Anyone with experience of using Oman Air with long layover of 9-10 hours at Muscat? Does Oman Air provide assistance like visa, accommodation etc. at Muscat?
Murad
Registered Member

Re: Oman Air: Accommodation, visa etc. on long layover

Post by Murad »

haroon_ek wrote:Hi,

Anyone with experience of using Oman Air with long layover of 9-10 hours at Muscat? Does Oman Air provide assistance like visa, accommodation etc. at Muscat?
Hi, i had a layover last year in Muscat for 11 hours on a flight from Lahore to Munich with Oman Air.

I had two options:

1. Get STPC, but my bookingclass did not qualify for it, so i had the option to pay ca 50 € pr. passenger for hotel, transfer and meals.

2. Lounge, Oman Air have the Majan lounge in the ground floor. When i got at the airport i decided to use the lounge for my layover, first they informed me that it will cost around 30 $ for three hours. I did not agree, and talked with the manager and they decided since i am flying Oman air i can stay at the lounge for the whole layover. I think that is the norm and the first clerk got it wrong.

Later i regretted on my decision as 9-10 hours at a lounge is a bit to much. There is a price difference, but relaxing in a hotel for that timeperiod is much better.
haroon_ek
Registered Member

Post by haroon_ek »

Thank you Murad.

Indeed getting a hotel for such a layover is much preferable. I was doubtful about assistance of Oman air in this respect like visa etc. That I guess can be prearranged from Oman Air reservation office before departure?
Murad
Registered Member

Post by Murad »

haroon_ek wrote:Thank you Murad.

Indeed getting a hotel for such a layover is much preferable. I was doubtful about assistance of Oman air in this respect like visa etc. That I guess can be prearranged from Oman Air reservation office before departure?
I contacted the French local office as my point of origin was Paris. They gave me this information regarding STPC, "
STPC included Visa transit, transfer from Airport to Hotel and return and waiting time on a 3* hotel near the airport.
I do advise you to contact your Oman air local office and see if your bookingclass grants you free STPC if not make the arrangements to pay for it. Oman Air facebook group customer service is also very friendly, they gave me the contacts details for the right office in Paris.